Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers "unzip" compressed security camera videos Post 303027668 by cristopher0258 on Friday 21st of December 2018 10:33:44 AM
Old 12-21-2018
"unzip" compressed security camera videos

Good afternoon, I started apologizing for not creating a specific topic with my subject, I could not find the option to create a topic, friends, if someone can help me thank you very much, I have a problem, I have a DVR with a HISILICON HI chip 3520, it compresses and encrypts the videos recorded by the security camera, compressed it with some unix extensions like ".Z" also compressed with .zz .hyp and .vp6 I know .Z is a file extension for unix files, but I never used it unix or linux, I believe the OS of my DVR is based on UNIX, how can I unzip these files? I removed the HD from the DVR because I lost the password and I could not even with the master passwords reset the DVR, then I placed the HD in the computer and I used data recovery software to try to recover the videos, but they came with these formats ... somebody can you help me? Sorry for my english, I live in Brazil and I'm using a translator

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Moved post(s) to own new thread; removed duplicate text.

Last edited by RudiC; 12-21-2018 at 11:47 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"looping" compressed file

I've got a problem with a .z compressed file: when I decompress it, I get a .gz file, and when I decompress this one, I get the previous .z file again! Does anyone know how do I break off this loop? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exile
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logrotate with catalina.out "daily compressed file is overwriting the logs"

Hi Everyone, We are trying to do a logrotate for "catalina.out" daily, So have used the "copytruncate" option in the logrotate configuration but ended up seeing there was a 0kb file touched with "catalina.out" and the other file with the current date(compressed) file created and seems the log is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiyagoo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
       dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories

SYNOPSIS
       dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any
       symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files.

By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info,
       usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files,
       and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath
       usr/share/fonts/X11/

FILES
       debian/package.compress
	   These files are deprecated.

If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell
	   script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a
	   much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to.

OPTIONS
       -Xitem, --exclude=item
	   Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from
	   compression.  You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude.

-A, --all
	   Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on.

file ...
	   Add these files to the list of files to compress.

CONFORMS TO
       Debian policy, version 3.0

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							    DH_COMPRESS(1)