Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remote print from SLES (SAP) to AIX 7.1 04 sp2 virtual printer queue gets down Post 303027657 by Deneth on Friday 21st of December 2018 07:45:02 AM
Old 12-21-2018
Dear all,
thank you all for Your answers. It stared to work. What did the trick ? The truth is...I don't really know.
It didn't work, but when I restarded spooler and editiet qconfig file (while the queue was ,,ready'') it started to work
so what I did :

1: the queue has staus down
I restared whole spooler with commands :

Code:
stopsrc -g spooler
startsrc -g spooler

2:
I held jobs from the queue

Code:
qhold -PvBIOM

and enabled it again with command

Code:
enable vBIOM

3:
Then I added parameter to the virtual printer definition in qconfig.
it looks like this now (the parameter does not do anything though, when I believed it was supposed to log)

Code:
vBIOM:
        backend = /usr/scripts/backend/BIOM -D /tmp/pst/log

and it worked.

First I released 1 job, then another one , and after that I released all of them and all of them got processed.
The prints are working now.

My guess is that either restarting the spooler did the trick, or editing the qconfig was made at the right time so the qconfig.bin was rebuilt.
I don't really believe that -D parameter helped.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Please use CODE-tags for code, terminal output and data. Thank you.

Last edited by bakunin; 12-21-2018 at 06:38 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Solaris- print to a remote queue

Is it possible to send a print job to a print queue on a different machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. AIX

Can you set up a networked printer as a local print queue?

Fairly simple question, I think. Still trying to get my head around AIX print queues. Most of our problems seem to stem from print queues going down. This generates help-desk calls when users call up to get their queues started or to get rid of the emails that qdaemon sends them. Looking at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 setting up a remote printer queue

I have a printer installed over ADSL to a router at a remote location. A Windows printer queue has been setup and working and I can ping the IP address from the Solaris server. I now want to add a printer queue for this printer under Solaris, but I am unsure how to setup a remote printer queue.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi, In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. SuSE

SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation Some facts: OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK Soft: Oracle10g LVM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] a way to tell printer used by configured print queue?

Hello; As the title says, am trying to find our which driver is used for the alraedy working print queues.. neither hpnpf nor hppi seems to give that info .. Any ideas ?? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
2 Replies

8. AIX

Help with clear printer queue script in AIX 5.3

Good day UNIX forum, could you help me with my clear printer queue script, i have problems with the consistency of this function, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Thanks in advance } preRemovePrintQ(){ clear; echo; echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beware187
1 Replies

9. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

10. High Performance Computing

Job Schedular for Suse Enterprise SLES 11 SP2

We have a server with 160 hyper-threaded cpu's threads and 2Tb of RAM. I need to implement command line job queue and parallel thread usage for multiple user environment kindly suggest necessary tools to be installed. I have understanding that sun grid engine like applications are available for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
0 Replies
lpc(1B)                                              SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                              lpc(1B)

NAME
lpc - line printer control program SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/lpc [ command [ parameter...]] DESCRIPTION
The lpc utility controls the operation of local printers. Use lpc to perform the following functions: o start or stop a printer, o disable or enable a printer's spooling queue, o rearrange the order of jobs in a print queue, or o display the status of a printer print queue and printer daemon. lpc can be run from the command line or interactively. Specifying lpc with the optional command and parameter arguments causes lpc to interpret the first argument as an lpc command, and all other arguments as parameters to that command. Specifying lpc without arguments causes it to run interactively, prompting the user for lpc commands with lpc>. By redirecting the standard input, lpc can read commands from a file. USAGE
lpc commands may be typed in their entirety or abbreviated to an unambiguous substring. Some lpc commands are available to all users; oth- ers are available only to super-users. All users may execute the following lpc commands: ? [command ...] | help [command ...] Displays a short description of command. command is an lpc command. If command is not specified, displays a list of lpc commands. exit | quit Exits from lpc. status [all | printer ...] Displays the status of print daemons and print queues. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for infor- mation regarding naming conventions for atomic names. Only a super-user may execute the following lpc commands: abort [all | printer ...] Terminates an active spooling daemon. Disables printing (by preventing new daemons from being started by lpr(1B)) for printer. all specifies this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. clean [all | printer ...] Removes files created in the print spool directory by the print daemon from printer 's print queue. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers.printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. disable [all | printer ...] Turns off the print queue for printer. Prevents new printer jobs from being entered into the print queue for printerby lpr(1B). all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. down [all | printer ...] [message] Turns the queue for printer off and disables printing on printer. Inserts message in the printer status file. message does not need to be quoted; multiple arguments to message are treated as arguments are to echo(1). Use down to take a printer down and inform users. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. enable [all | printer ...] Enables lpr(1B) to add new jobs in the spool queue. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for infor- mation regarding naming conventions for atomic names. restart [all | printer ...] Attempts to start a new printer daemon. restart is useful when a print daemon dies unexpectedly and leaves jobs in the print queue. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates that this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. start [all | printer ...] Enables printing. Starts a spooling daemon for the printer. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates the command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. stop [all | printer ...] Stops a spooling daemon after the current job is complete. Disables printing at that time. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. topq printer [request-ID ...] [user ...] Moves request-ID or print jobs belonging to user on printer to the beginning of the print queue. Specify user as a user's login name. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. up [all | printer ...] Turns the queue for printer on and enables printing on printer. Deletes the message in the printer status file (inserted by down). Use up to undo the effects of down. all specifies that this command is performed on all locally attached printers. printer indicates this command is performed on specific printers. Specify printer as an atomic name. See printers.conf( 4) for information regarding naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. /var/spool/lp/system/pstatus Printer status information file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscplp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
echo(1), lpq(1B), lpr(1B), lprm(1B), lpstat(1), lpsched(1M), lpshut(1M), svcadm(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Use the svcs(1) utility to check if svc:/application/print/server is running. If it is not running, use svcadm enable svc:/applica- tion/print/server to start lpsched. See svcadm(1M). Ambiguous command Indicates that the lpc command or abbreviation matches more than one command. ?Invalid command Indicates that the lpc command or abbreviation is not recognized. ?Privileged command Indicates that the lpc command or abbreviation can be executed only by a super-user. lpc: printer: unknown printer to the print service Indicates that printer does not exist in the LP database. Check that printer was correctly specified. Use lpstat -p or the status command (see lpstat(1) or USAGE) to check the status of printers. lpc: error on opening queue to spooler Indicates that the connection to lpsched failed. Usually means that the printer server has died or is hung. Use /usr/lib/lp/lpsched to check if the printer spooler daemon is running. lpc: Can't send message to LP print service lpc: Can't receive message from LP print service Indicates that the LP print service stopped. Contact the LP administrator. lpc: Received unexpected message from LP print service Indicates a problem with the software. Contact the LP administrator. SunOS 5.10 5 Aug 2004 lpc(1B)