Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is this site for me?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is this site for me? Post 303027625 by wisecracker on Thursday 20th of December 2018 02:00:46 PM
Old 12-20-2018
Hi Circuits...
(Apologies for any typos.)

Welcome to UNIX.COM.

Well Linux is catered for inside the OS section of the forums but judging by your post you are into, using an AMIGA term, 'banging the metal', much like myself.
This site is a *NIX related site and is primarily to help people with *NIX related problems, usually programming problems.
Having said that many here are electronics minded and can help solve HW, SW and other problems related to *NIX OSes.

Read the rules first and when asking questions be as accurate as you can and stick to said rules:

Simple rules of the UNIX.COM forums:

there are some remarkably bright guys and gals on here and have a deep understanding of the *NIX environment.

If it is more HW related then these forums might be of interest:

https://www.unix.com/special-forums/

If you don't get an answer to your post then it could be that no one has an answer, not that we are ignoring you.

Enjoy you stay and never post with the word 'urgent' or any synonym of it in the title. It could well be ignored and locked.

Bazza...

Last edited by wisecracker; 12-20-2018 at 03:07 PM..
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Site Performance II

I have updated the backend hosting for UNIX.COM and would appreciate feedback either in the form of a vote in the poll or a post so that we can plan for more changes if any are needed. In particular let me us know if you see any strange behavior from the site as there may still be some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)