Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Idea for New User Profile Pages Post 303027533 by Neo on Monday 17th of December 2018 11:41:31 PM
Old 12-18-2018
OK.... this new User Information Modal (UIM) with Bootstrap Tabs is now live in many areas of the forums including:
  • Who Is Online (WOL)
  • Search Results
  • Thank You Box
  • Member List
  • In All Posts (Left Side, Post Header)
  • Home page in the What's Up? Active Users Currently Active Users box
  • Home page Newest Member

The modal will not work properly on the Home Page in the Advanced Stats area, so I plan to create a new page using the model (partially done, but I need to add the navbar and footer).

Please post if you want to see any additional information or have suggestions for future enhancements.

We will be completely phasing out the legacy user profile pages over time. In fact, have already created a new "flat page" using the Bootstrap tabs from the modal to replace the legacy page in areas where the modal cannot be used, for example:

https://www.unix.com/member_modal.php?u=302122727

Enjoy the new UIM! Smilie

This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile

Sorry to I am not familiar with script writing , attach is the /etc/profile in my system , we have limit each user can only have one login in the system . When the user login , if the system found the user have a dead process in the system , the system will confirm the user to kill the previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Profile

Hi Guys, Im really new with this stuff...could anybody help to guide me ...how do i change/edit user profiile ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

refresh user profile

Scenario: a non-root user is under primary group "devel" and I change their primary group to "nondevel"; I then want to be able to give the user a command which refreshes their user profile so that any new files created under their session are assigned to the new group. What is the command for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

User profile, environment

Hello , i am on sles 11, and i can't figure out how can i locate my profile file, the one that is use for setting the environment when i log in. oracle@r200:~> cd oracle@r200:~> pwd /opt/oracle oracle@r200:~> echo $SHELL /bin/bash oracle@r200:~> oracle@r200:~> cat .profile cat: .profile:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
4 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Member Profile Pages (Proposal)

Hey, I am thinking to get rid of the old and clunky member profile pages and replace with a prototype from Brad at Traversy Media. Here is the prototype: Welcome To My Portfolio Basically, I will take the links in the user profile page and put them into the new format when I have time.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
XtAddGrab(3)							   XT FUNCTIONS 						      XtAddGrab(3)

NAME
XtAddGrab, XtRemoveGrab - redirect user input to a modal widget SYNTAX
void XtAddGrab(Widget w, Boolean exclusive, Boolean spring_loaded); void XtRemoveGrab(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
exclusive Specifies whether user events should be dispatched exclusively to this widget or also to previous widgets in the cascade. spring_loaded Specifies whether this widget was popped up because the user pressed a pointer button. w Specifies the widget to add to or remove from the modal cascade. DESCRIPTION
The XtAddGrab function appends the widget (and associated parameters) to the modal cascade and checks that exclusive is True if spring_loaded is True. If these are not True, XtAddGrab generates an error. The modal cascade is used by XtDispatchEvent when it tries to dispatch a user event. When at least one modal widget is in the widget cas- cade, XtDispatchEvent first determines if the event should be delivered. It starts at the most recent cascade entry and follows the cas- cade up to and including the most recent cascade entry added with the exclusive parameter True. This subset of the modal cascade along with all descendants of these widgets comprise the active subset. User events that occur outside the widgets in this subset are ignored or remapped. Modal menus with submenus generally add a submenu widget to the cascade with exclusive False. Modal dialog boxes that need to restrict user input to the most deeply nested dialog box add a subdialog widget to the cascade with exclusive True. User events that occur within the active subset are delivered to the appropriate widget, which is usually a child or fur- ther descendant of the modal widget. Regardless of where on the screen they occur, remap events are always delivered to the most recent widget in the active subset of the cas- cade that has spring_loaded True, if any such widget exists. The XtRemoveGrab function removes widgets from the modal cascade starting at the most recent widget up to and including the specified wid- get. It issues an error if the specified widget is not on the modal cascade. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.4 XtAddGrab(3)