Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add double quotes to the words after given pattern Post 303027501 by mac-arrow on Monday 17th of December 2018 10:49:40 AM
Old 12-17-2018
Add double quotes to the words after given pattern

Hi,

I have a text file with different results and I would like to add single quotes to the value after the given pattern '='

This would be the original text file:
Code:
user_id=7492 and key=clickid;
user_id=7867 and key=clickid;
user_id=8649 and key=clickid;

And I would like the output to be like that:
Code:
user_id='7492' and key='clickid';
user_id='7867' and key='clickid';
user_id='8649' and key='clickid';

I will appreciate any help Smilie

Regards

Last edited by mac-arrow; 12-17-2018 at 12:03 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add double quotes around the string

I have a line in multiple scripts:select into table /dir1/dir2/file.dat dir1 and dir2 are the same but file.dat is different from script to script. I need to include /dir1/dir2/file.dat into double quotes in each file of my directory:select into table "/dir1/dir2/file.dat" (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfer515
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print pattern within double quotes

Hi All, I have multiple lines in a file like:- "abc" def "ghi" jkl "mno" 1 I want to print in output:- abc/ghi/mno 1 How can I do this in perl? Regrds, Nilabh -----Post Update----- Additional info:- The last field of the file should be output as it is.In the above example 1 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilabh_s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes and double quotes

Hi guys, I have a sed line in double quotes which works fine, but I want it to be in single quotes here is the sed line sed "/abc_def/s/\'.*\'/\'\${abc_def}\'/" can some one give the equivalent to the above script in single quotes Thanks a ton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep single quotes or double quotes

Unix superusers, I am new to unix but would like to learn more about grep. I am very familiar with regular expressions as i have used them for searching text files in windows based text editors. Since I am not very familiar with Unix, I dont understand when one should use GREP with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_vandelet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enclose words between double quotes

My input is like this: this is a test line. I want my output to be like this: "this", "is", "a", "test", "line" Any idea how this can be done in Linux? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass two words within double quotes as variable?

Hi All, OS - Suse 10 ksh --version version sh (AT&T Research) 93s+ 2008-01-31 I am passing two words within double quotes ("Application Developer") to script as variable, but script is adding two single quotes between two words like ("Application' 'Developer"). below is simple test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add double quotes and comma

Hi, 00000119EEEC3F25 feedoor 20171103 0000011A4F152077 feedard 20171024 00000191FA295F61 feedzipperhola 20171023 00000213C57BB856 feedriodapple 20171005 0000025F778EF9D5 joobakoolrk 20171004 I needed the result as: "00000119EEEC3F25", "feedoor", ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
9 Replies
setuid(2)							System Calls Manual							 setuid(2)

NAME
setuid - Sets the user ID SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setuid ( uid_t user_id ); Application developers may want to specify an #include statement for <sys/types.h> before the one for <unistd.h> if programs are being developed for multiple platforms. The additional #include statement is not required on Tru64 UNIX systems or by ISO or X/Open standards, but may be required on other vendors' systems that conform to these standards. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: setuid(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the new user ID. DESCRIPTION
The setuid() function sets the real user ID, effective user ID, and the saved set user ID to the user_id parameter. To change the real user ID, the effective user ID, and the saved set user ID, the calling process must have superuser privilege. If the process does not have appropriate privilege, but the user_id parameter is equal to the real user ID or the saved set user ID, the setuid() function sets the effective user ID to the user_id parameter. The real user ID and saved set user ID remain unchanged. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the setuid() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, the function returns a value of -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The setuid() function sets errno to the specified values for the following conditions: [Tru64 UNIX] The process is attempting an operation that would exceeds a system limit, such as the number of tasks or threads allowed for a user ID. The value of the user_id parameter is invalid. The process does not have superuser privileges, and the user_id parameter does not match the real user ID or the saved set user ID. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: exec(2), getuid(2), setgid(2), setreuid(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off setuid(2)