Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions [Windows 7 x64] Find FFMPEG location ? Post 303027468 by hicksd8 on Sunday 16th of December 2018 08:45:31 AM
Old 12-16-2018
Why do you want to know? ffmpeg is often installed as part of another application. My Windows 7 system has sooooo many copies and different versions/releases of ffmpeg they are almost too many to list.

However, assuming that the 'ffmpeg' files have not been renamed (disguised) for some reason you could open a command prompt (Start>Accessories>Command Prompt), then select a disk, ensure you are at the top of the structure, and issue a command line search.

Code:
C: (or D: or whatever drive)
cd \
dir ffmpeg* /s

If your system is anything like mine the list will be long. You might find it necessary to redirect/capture the output for later viewing.

Or have you tried that already?

Last edited by hicksd8; 12-16-2018 at 09:50 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern in a file at a particular location

Hi all, I have a question on how to search for a pattern in a file and return a value if it is present at that particular location. How to read each line and each character for the pattern in the file of any format. Eg for the file format: attached the file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the job and its location

Guys; I first I thank you for helping me few times in the past; A job runs every day at 8AM and looks for a file “abcd.txt” in directory “/usr/task/tmp”. How to find the job and its location. I need to change the file name to “abcd.dat”. it is UNIX environment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clem2610
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from windows shared location to linux box

Hi, i am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement to copy the files from a windows shared location( vendor will place the files here) to Linux server( my Informatica will pick the files from this location). Files should be loaded in the order in which they were placed in windows box.(Based on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haari
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Find Computer Location

Hi, there, How to know location of a computer where its IP Address and Computer name is known? tx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: budiantho_indra
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a set of files in a location

Hi, I am new to Unix. I need a script to check some 74 files are present in a particular location or not . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nid21
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the location of particular file and directory

hi all, i am new to UNIX environment. i have a file and directory with same name, i don't know the location I want to find location of that file and directory. please suggest a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find cpu location

Hi guys we have come corrected errors and i would like to know where is cpu 23 located physicaly... :( here the lscpu output (2 socket, 6 cores intel cpu): # lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beta17
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Where to find IP address to location data?

I'm trying to remotely probe a range of IP addresses. First I need a list of IP addresses for a very small geographic area. I've had a lot of trouble obtaining them. I would like to find a database or something. Suppose I do get the data. Can I see if that IP address is in use by someone? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockandAir
2 Replies
XJADEO(1)							   Manual Pages 							 XJADEO(1)

NAME
xjadeo - display a video-clip in sync with an external time source SYNOPSIS
xjadeo [-aAbcCDhIkKlLnNPqQRsStvV] [-d <midi-driver>] [-f <fps>] [-F <fps>] [-i <int>] [-m <midi-port>] [-M <num>] [-o <frames|SMPTE>] [-O <osc-port>] [-W <rpc-id>] [-x <dpy-mode>] <videofile> xjadeo -R [options] [<videofile>] xjadeo -Q [options] [<videofile>] DESCRIPTION
Xjadeo is a software video player that displays a video-clip in sync with an external time source (MTC, LTC, JACK-transport). It has applications in soundtrack composition, video monitoring or any task that requires synchronizing movie frames with audio events. Xjadeo supports different video file formats, video output libraries and sync sources. OPTIONS
-a, --ontop Start Xjadeo 'always-on-top' of other windows (this option requires support from your window manager). -A, --avverbose Enable verbose ffmpeg messages (format/codec debugging). -b, --letterbox Retain aspect ratio and draw a letterbox around the video-frame if necessary. -c, --no-midiclk Do not use MIDI quarter-frames for more exact sync. -c, --midiclk Use MIDI quarter-frame timing for more exact sync (this is enabled by default since version 0.4.11). -d <midi-driver>, --midi-driver <midi-driver> Choose MIDI back-end to use. <midi-driver> can be either one of "JACK", "ALSA" or "portmidi" - depending on the operating-System and compile-time configuration. -D, --debug, --debug Enable debug mode. Print development related information. -f <n>, --fps <n> Desired refresh-rate of the video display in frames per second. Non-integer values are possible. Default: -1. If this value is set to zero (or less), Xjadeo will use the FPS of the video-file as its screen update frequency. -F <n>, --filefps <n> Override the (auto-detected) frame-rate of the video-file. -h, --help Prints usage help and exits. -i <n>, --info <n> Displays information using the OSD (on-screen display.) 0 Off. 1 Frame number. 2 SMPTE time code. 3 Both frame number and SMPTE. The remote control interface allows more complete control over the OSD. -I, --ignorefileoffset This option is only useful for video files with a start-offset, such as split vob files. Per default Xjadeo will honor offsets specified in the video-file header and the file's PTS/DTS. -I allows you to override and subtract this offset and makes the file start at SMPTE position 00:00:00:00 (although you can archive the same result, this option is not related to -o.) -k, --keyframes Instructs the internal algorithm to seek only to key-frames. This option may improve the performance for certain video encodings. The default behavior (without -k and -K arguments) is to search any ANY frame. -K, --continuous Decode video frame by frame starting from previous key-frame. This particularly useful for reading files where not every frame is a key-frame at the cost of increased CPU usage. Note that this option adds some extra latency when seeking. Combine it with -f -1: it makes sense to set Xjadeo's screen-update frequency to match the frame-rate of the video file. -l, --ltc Use LTC as sync-source instead of JACK-transport. -L, --nolash Disable LASH support. -m <midi-port>, --midi <midi-port> Get sync from MTC (MIDI Time Code) instead of JACK or LTC. If using JACK-MIDI driver, <midi-port> is the JACK-MIDI port to use as input - use an empty value ("") to not auto-connect If using ALSA MIDI back-end, <midi-port> is the ALSA sequencer-id to be used as the MTC source. A value of -1 will leave Xjadeo unconnected. If using portmidi, <port> is the port-number of the MIDI input device to use. The value -1 will attempt auto-connect. Use -v -m -1 to list MIDI ports during auto-detection. -M <n>, --midifps <n> Conversion between MTC SMPTE and frame number. 0 (default) Use MTC clock frame rate. 1 Use video-file's frame-rate. 1 Resample video frame rate / MTC. -n, --nodropframes Prevent Xjadeo from detecting drop-frame-timecode (usually files with 29.97 fps) -N, --dropframes Force Xjadeo to use drop-frame-timecode (drop-frame-timecode is only valid for files with 29.97 fps but your milage may vary) -o <n>, --offset <n> Offset the video playback a certain number of (video) frames relative to the sync master time base. Admits negative values. <n> can be specified either as integer frame-number or SMPTE text. -P, --genpts This option passed on to ffmpeg and has no effect on older versions of libavformat. it can be used to generate "presentation time stamps" if they are missing in the file, even if it requires parsing future frames. -q, --quiet, --silent Suppresses normal output messages. -Q, --mq Enable POSIX message queues. Set up a communication channel for use with xjremote(1). See the the section called "Remote Control Interface" in the online documentation for more information. -R, --remote Enable interactive (stdin/stdout) remote control mode. Options --quiet and --verbose have no effect in remote mode. -s, --fullscreen Start Xjadeo in full-screen mode. -S, --nosplash Skip the on-screen-display startup sequence. -t, --try-codec Check if the video file is encoded in a format suitable for use with Xjadeo and exit. If the video format is not supported the exit code is 1. -v, --verbose Print additional information. -V, --version Display version and compile-time configuration information and exit. -W <rpc-id>, --ipc <rpc-id> Set-up IPC message queues for xjremote. <rpc-id> specifies a file-path used to identify the message-queue. -x <dpy-mode>, --vo <dpy-mode>, --videomode <dpy-mode> Selects the video output driver. Defaults to 0 (auto-detect). A value of -1 lists the available modes and exits. SYNC SOURCES
xjadeo currently supports the following synchronization sources: o JACK-transport. o LTC (Linear/Longitudinal Time Code) - via JACK audio. o MTC (MIDI Time Code) via JACK-MIDI. o MTC (MIDI Time Code) via ALSA sequencer. o MTC (MIDI Time Code) via portmidi. o remote-ctrl manual seeks (not really a sync source). VIDEO FORMATS
Xjadeo uses ffmpeg to decode video files, so a wide range of formats and codecs are supported. Note, however, that not all the formats support seeking. To transcode a video-file into a suitable format we recommend: mencoder -idx -ovc lavc -lavcopts keyint=1 -nosound input_file.xxx -o output_file.avi This creates from your input-file.xxx an AVI mpeg4 encoded video file with no sound, an index (-idx) and no compression between frames (every frame is a keyframe). The file thus can become really BIG, so watch your disk space! You may want also to shrink the size of the file's video frames by scaling down its geometry. This uses fewer system resources while decoding and displaying it and leaves more space in the screen for your audio software. -vf scale=width:height Important Also note Xjadeo's -K option which allows one to seek to frames other than key-frames and enables Xjadeo to play back any file without transcoding it. It comes at the expense of increased CPU usage and possibly increased seek latency. The latter depends on the key-frame interval and video-codec. The same can be achieved by adding seek=continuously to ~/.xjadeorc. USER INPUT
xjadeo window accepts the following input: o Pressing mouse button 1 will resize the window to the original movie size. o Mouse button 2 and 3 resize the window to match the movie aspect ratio. o Scroll Wheel (buttons 4,5) stepwise decreases/increases the window size maintaining the original aspect ratio. o Xjadeo >= v0.3.8 supports keyboard events. Pressing Esc and q will end the program. f toggles full-screen, a togglesalways-on-top. Press m to hide mouse cursor. v, s, o, C and b control on-screen-display and l toggles the letter-box mode. The time-offset can be modified with +, -, {, } and window-size with <, >, ,, .. SPACE and BACKSPACE can be used to control JACK-transport. See the section called "Monitor Window - Key bindings" in the online documentation for a complete list. REMOTE MODE
When started in remote mode (option -R or --remote) Xjadeo will interactively accept commands and issue responses through its standard input/output mechanism. Use the remote command help to get a quick overview of all available commands. Please refer to the online documentation for a complete description of the remote commands. xjadeo -Q enables remote control by message-queues; use xjremote to connect. FILES
Xjadeo reads the following resource configuration files in this order: 1. /@SYSCONFDIR@/xjadeorc (usually /etc/xjadeorc or /usr/local/etc/xjadeorc, which depends on your distribution and on the configuration when building xjadeo) 2. $HOME/.xjadeorc 3. ./xjadeorc Each line in the configuration file must be in in the format: KEY=VALUE If the first character on a line is either # or ; the line is ignored. KEYS are not case sensitive. Some VALUES are case sensitive (e.g. filenames) and are parsed identical to the corresponding command-line arguments (e.g. -x SDL is equivalent to the config-file option videomode=SDL). Boolean values are specified as yes or no (e.g. quiet=yes). currently supported RC-KEYS: fps, fontfile, lash, letterbox, midiclk, mididriver, midiid, midismpte, mq, nosplash, quiet, seek, verbose and videomode. Which are documented in the example xjadeorc[1] ENVIRONMENT
JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER Set the jack-server-name to connect to (used by JACK-transport, JACK-MIDI and LTC) SEE ALSO
qjadeo(1) xjremote(1) xjinfo(1) online-manual[2] AUTHORS
Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org> linuxaudio.org Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@users.sourceforge.net> luisgarrido.users.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011 Robin Gareus, Luis Garrido NOTES
1. xjadeorc http://xjadeo.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=xjadeo/xjadeo;a=blob_plain;f=doc/xjadeorc 2. online-manual http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/ http://xjadeo.sf.net 0.6 09/26/2011 XJADEO(1)