Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Confusing sed error message
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Confusing sed error message Post 303027465 by nezabudka on Sunday 16th of December 2018 08:17:54 AM
Old 12-16-2018
There are spaces in the string
Code:
escaped=`sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<< "$LINE"`   # error message

change so
Code:
escaped="$(sed 's/\//\\\//g' <<<"$LINE")"

separator in s (subtitution) can be any character for example % or |

excuse me may be
Code:
read -r

Last edited by nezabudka; 12-16-2018 at 03:30 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

(Need Help) confusing format on solaris 10

Hi All, Very need help about format syntax on solaris 10. I have done install Solaris 10 OS on sun fire v245 but currently i have a problem to use "format" command to display partition info for my hard drive. i cannot enter the format menu, below is captured display : # format Searching... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing Error

Hi all, Just subscribed to this forum. Not a regular user of Unix.:) I did the following: We have a directory structure /a/b/c5/ Where c5 is the only directory inside b. export ANOOP=/a/b/c*/ echo $ANOOP=/a/b/c5/ I have to create a symbolic link to anoop.txt in the directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing me......!!!!!!

Hiii... There... I am making a Script in which I am taking the value of a variable "var" through key board. But I want, if no values are supplied for "var" for more than 5 seconds then script shuld automatically exit.Script is as follow : #cat abc #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Your Choice : "... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pikdev requirements confusing

I am looking at installing PiKdev which needs libqt3-mt and kdelibs4-dev. The installed package is qt-r1008952-i486-1 which claims to be a gui toolkit. find / -name "*libqt*" yields nothing with mt just a lot of support, compatible, and access widgets. Normally I would consider this a no go but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing find command option

Hi, I am a little bit confusing of using find command. Actually, I am planning to delete the files whatever the files are existing in the day before yesterday. So, I am writing the command like this. find . -name "*.txt" -ctime -2 { here I am confusing, if I will use +2 or +1 also I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagraju.allam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed garbled error message in bash shell

Sed garbled error. Cannot determine why the sed command to insert a line at the beginning of a file will not work on declared variables. outfile='DAR.V2.2012115.1.CSV' testfile='totality_request.sql' header_prefix='DATA FILE' no_ext_file=`echo $outfile |sed 's/\(.*\)..../\1/'` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command output confusing

Hi, I ran a script named cat item when I searched for this script using command PS I get two process . I don't understand this. Also this script has run for 15 minutes but the time is showing as 0:00:confused::confused: ps -ef | grep cat_item catmgr 4508 4486 0 05:10:29 ? 0:00... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing of some basic awk

1. increase file space first, double space a file: awk '1;{print ""}' I probably can understand it:print a blank line every time.But when I read triple space a file I am confused: awk '1;{print "\n"}' doesn't it meaning print a blank line every time too? 2. number each line of file, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
6 Replies
CSS::DOM::Util(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CSS::DOM::Util(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Util - Utility functions for dealing with CSS tokens VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM::Util ':all'; # or: use CSS::DOM::Util qw[ escape unescape escape_ident unescape_url escape_str unescape_str ]; DESCRIPTION
This module provides utility functions for dealing with CSS tokens. FUNCTIONS
All functions below that take one argument have a "($)" prototype, so they have the same precedence as "closedir" and "delete". escape $string, $chars_to_escape This escapes any characters in $string that occur in $chars_to_escape, which is interpreted as a regular expression. The regexp must consume just one character; otherwise you'll find chars missing from the output. ASCII vertical whitespace (except the vertical tab) is always escaped. Printable non-alphanumeric ASCII characters and the space character are escaped with a single backslash. Other characters are encoded in hexadecimal. "escape" also considers that you might want to include the escaped string in a larger string, so it appends a space if the escaped string ends with a hexadecimal escape with fewer than six digits. unescape $string This turns something like "H65llo" into "Hello" (including quotes). escape_ident $string escape_ident $string, $more_chars_to_escape This escapes $string as a CSS identifier, escaping also any characters matched by $more_chars_to_escape. unescape_url $url_token Returns the URL that the token represents. escape_str $string Returns a CSS string token containing $string (within quotes; characters possibly escaped). unescape_str $string_token Returns the value that a CSS string token represents. SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Util(3pm)