Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The most common passwords this year, 2018. Post 303027460 by Neo on Sunday 16th of December 2018 04:40:16 AM
Old 12-16-2018
LOL

You will be happy to know that I'm not making the necessary site renovations for you bakunin, man. So don't worry, you can use all the old tech you like and I'll not shed any tears.

It's a good thing you are not addicted to smart phones and the rest of the social dysfunctional media gizmos available that are tearing the world apart.

Good for you.

You are probably happier than a vast majority of people who are addicted to their phone screens and apps!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwords

Dear all, I need to automate/script a user password change process. I'm helpless cannot use expect since it's not installed and cannot install it either. Do i have an alternative. I can store the password in a file and that would be the password that would be set to all the users. If not i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When did UNIX start using encrypted passwords, and not displaying passwords when you type them in?

I've been using various versions of UNIX and Linux since 1993, and I've never run across one that showed your password as you type it in when you log in, or one that stored passwords in plain text rather than encrypted. I'm writing a script for work for a security audit, and two of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Football / Soccer World Cup 2018 draw.

What is on Your Mind? 2018 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia I'm hoping that England are drawn into positions B2, D3, G3 or G4 so that all their games will be outside usual UK office hours and people will not desert the office with mystery illnesses to watch the games. Expecting failure, so I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018

Happy Holidays. Here are my randoms thought at the end of 2018 in no particular order. You Are Truly Blessed IT people are lucky. We get to use our brains extensively to solve complex and challenging computer-technology related problems. This is very good for our brains. Programming,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)