Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? The most common passwords this year, 2018. Post 303027456 by bakunin on Sunday 16th of December 2018 04:10:58 AM
Old 12-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Code:
https://gizmodo.com/      the-25-most-popular-passwords-of-2018-will-make-you-fee-1831052705

Still getting garbage but this is an alternative way...
The link works perfectly. Let me try with an unedited link:

wisecrackers link without need to edit

You can fully control what a link looks like and where it links to writing the tags directly and not relying on the system to parse and make them:

[url=<your URL here>]<the text for the link>[/url]

I hope Neo won't hate me reading this but I have long switched off all the "advanced" stuff in the editor and write all my tags directly. The only regret i have is that the "simple textbox editor" doesn't work like vi.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwords

Dear all, I need to automate/script a user password change process. I'm helpless cannot use expect since it's not installed and cannot install it either. Do i have an alternative. I can store the password in a file and that would be the password that would be set to all the users. If not i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When did UNIX start using encrypted passwords, and not displaying passwords when you type them in?

I've been using various versions of UNIX and Linux since 1993, and I've never run across one that showed your password as you type it in when you log in, or one that stored passwords in plain text rather than encrypted. I'm writing a script for work for a security audit, and two of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Football / Soccer World Cup 2018 draw.

What is on Your Mind? 2018 FIFA World Cup - Wikipedia I'm hoping that England are drawn into positions B2, D3, G3 or G4 so that all their games will be outside usual UK office hours and people will not desert the office with mystery illnesses to watch the games. Expecting failure, so I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Holiday Thoughts for the End of 2018

Happy Holidays. Here are my randoms thought at the end of 2018 in no particular order. You Are Truly Blessed IT people are lucky. We get to use our brains extensively to solve complex and challenging computer-technology related problems. This is very good for our brains. Programming,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)