Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment with awk - how to define start value Post 303027426 by vgersh99 on Saturday 15th of December 2018 10:12:31 AM
Old 12-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by baris35
Dear Vgersh99,
Unfortunately it is not working at my end.
It just prints the same input file.

Kind regards
Boris
Sorry, I misread what you're after - my bad.
Try:
Code:
awk -F'=' -v count=500 'NF == 2 {$2 = count++ $2} 1' OFS='=' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define an alias with an embeded awk command ??

Hi all, I'm trying to define an alias with an embeded awk command: alias kpipe='kill `psme| grep "ifw -r" | grep -v "grep ifw -r"| awk '{print $2}'`' The problem is that the awk command (awk '{print $2}') contains two ' ..' quotes. So bash assumes that the first awk quote corresponds to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a logic to start with awk/ sh

Hi Friends, I got stuck where to start with .. I ve a input file like below. where I want to compare write data with my read data .. The problem is that the read data should be compared with the lastest write data on that address. Note- Both write data & read data are in the same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting variable value in AWK /start/,/stop/

Hi all u brilient people on the forum... I am trying to call the variable value in awk command for search pattern /start/,/stop/ but i am nt able to do this .... wat i did is ..i have created two variable YESTERDAY and TODAY and passed the y'day n 2'days dates in it...like this ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: whomi
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Compare fields and increment variables

Hi, My first post to this group... I have a need to to parse a source file which is a capture from a network analyser. I have two fields that need to be checked: - Field 7 represents the packet length (an integer), and Field 4 represents a network address (e.g. 192.168.25.3) - The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a column using awk

Hi, I have a sample file like below: 213~!0~!Feb 16 2009 4:57:29:833PM~!0 212~!0~!Feb 7 2009 5:29:57:760PM~!0 211~!0~!Feb 4 2009 5:51:40:863PM~!0 209~!0~!Dec 17 2008 3:19:05:043PM~!0 206~!0~!Dec 4 2007 4:01:02:850PM~!0 "~!" is the field seperator. I need to replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_banka
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define Positional Parameter Range Awk

Hello All, I am trying to clean up a poorly looking awk command. I am searching for a way to define a range of positional parameters. I may not be searching for the correct syntax. Example: awk ' /14:3*/ {print $2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13}' app.log Is it possible to shorten... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to start with symbol and print next

File A >answer is the predicted other than >bigger than two >whatever isthere >out of mind CGAHHAWWASSASS SASAWEDSASSDDD SSDDDEDEUJUYYS >hello you are there other is what is that>you are not serious>leave it SSSAAAAAASS ASWWQQDDD WESEEWWWW WEEEEEWSS SJUJSGKKSSS SWBVHJJWUW >hi i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define procedure in block END in awk

Hi :) Yo quisiera saber si se puede definir procedimientos dentro del bloque END. for example ... BEGIN {i=1} { if ($1 == $2) cadena = $3 } END { find_letter(cadena) } find_letter(cadena { ... } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris21
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to increment weeks based on fiscal start year

Hi Folks - I'm looking for the best way to to increment fiscal weeks - allow me to explain. At my one client, 10/01/17 was the beginning if year fiscal year 2018. Each week, I need to manage a unique set of variable that are updated in my application - they are called substitution variables.... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
31 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)