Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to execute python script on remote with python way..? Post 303027368 by Neo on Friday 14th of December 2018 10:09:22 AM
Old 12-14-2018
Hmm... These are UNIX and Linux Q&A forums.

You have a Windows issue, so I'm moving this question over to the Windows forum.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Python: bash-shell-like less functionality in the python shell

Hello, Is there some type of functional way to read things in the Python shell interpreter similar to less or more in the bash (and other) command line shells? Example: >>> import subprocess >>> help(subprocess) ... ... I'm hoping so as I hate scrolling and love how less works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

2. Programming

Python Script with C++Qt

Hi i work under CentOS 5.5, Qt 4.7, Python 2.4. i need to send data from C++ to Python. i write a code but it's not work, i have an Inferior System error on it. PyObject* objArg = Py_BuildValue("(z)", cKeyNum); PyObject* objFunc = (PyObject*)Init; pValue = PyEval_CallObject(objFunc, objArg);... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: HanyM.Magdy
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Python script

I work on various messages received from server and want to write a python script that can sort messages with unique flag values and give me the output in a text file. I get these messages in the form of .zcap file from server, in order to get messages from those files; I use an internal tool:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijeta Laad
0 Replies

4. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute python file, FTP output to another server

Greetings all, We are implementing a new tool called URLwatch which is a python utility. Here are the requirements. 1) Run every 10 seconds 2) Execute the python script 3) Output file gets generated, FTP it to a differernt server I gave no idea how to do this and management needs a demo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to loop through folders and execute an existing python script.

I am trying to loop through lots and lots of folders and use the names of the folders to run a Python script which has parameters. E.g. -- setup_refs -n John -f England/London/Hackney/John -c con/con.cnf Normally to run `setup_refs` once from command line it's: `python setup_refs.py -n John... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Keystrokes
3 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
WBINFO(1)																 WBINFO(1)

NAME
wbinfo - Query information from winbind daemon SYNOPSIS
wbinfo [ -u ] [ -g ] [ -h name ] [ -i ip ] [ -n name ] [ -s sid ] [ -U uid ] [ -G gid ] [ -S sid ] [ -Y sid ] [ -t ] [ -m ] [ -r user ] [ -a user%password ] [ -A user%password ] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the Samba suite. The wbinfo program queries and returns information created and used by the winbindd(8) daemon. The winbindd(8) daemon must be configured and running for the wbinfo program to be able to return information. OPTIONS
-u This option will list all users available in the Windows NT domain for which the winbindd(8) daemon is operating in. Users in all trusted domains will also be listed. Note that this operation does not assign user ids to any users that have not already been seen by winbindd(8). -g This option will list all groups available in the Windows NT domain for which the winbindd(8) daemon is operating in. Groups in all trusted domains will also be listed. Note that this operation does not assign group ids to any groups that have not already been seen by winbindd(8). -h name The -h option queries winbindd(8) to query the WINS server for the IP address associated with the NetBIOS name specified by the name parameter. -i ip The -i option queries winbindd(8) to send a node status request to get the NetBIOS name associated with the IP address specified by the ip parameter. -n name The -n option queries winbindd(8) for the SID associated with the name specified. Domain names can be specified before the user name by using the winbind separator character. For example CWDOM1/Administrator refers to the Administrator user in the domain CWDOM1. If no domain is specified then the domain used is the one specified in the smb.conf workgroup parameter. -s sid Use -s to resolve a SID to a name. This is the inverse of the -n option above. SIDs must be specified as ASCII strings in the tradi- tional Microsoft format. For example, S-1-5-21-1455342024-3071081365-2475485837-500. -U uid Try to convert a UNIX user id to a Windows NT SID. If the uid specified does not refer to one within the winbind uid range then the operation will fail. -G gid Try to convert a UNIX group id to a Windows NT SID. If the gid specified does not refer to one within the winbind gid range then the operation will fail. -S sid Convert a SID to a UNIX user id. If the SID does not correspond to a UNIX user mapped by winbindd(8) then the operation will fail. -Y sid Convert a SID to a UNIX group id. If the SID does not correspond to a UNIX group mapped by winbindd(8) then the operation will fail. -t Verify that the workstation trust account created when the Samba server is added to the Windows NT domain is working. -m Produce a list of domains trusted by the Windows NT server winbindd(8) contacts when resolving names. This list does not include the Windows NT domain the server is a Primary Domain Controller for. -r username Try to obtain the list of UNIX group ids to which the user belongs. This only works for users defined on a Domain Controller. -a username%password Attempt to authenticate a user via winbindd. This checks both authenticaion methods and reports its results. -A username%password Store username and password used by winbindd during session setup to a domain controller. This enables winbindd to operate in a Win- dows 2000 domain with Restrict Anonymous turned on (a.k.a. Permissions compatiable with Windows 2000 servers only). EXIT STATUS
The wbinfo program returns 0 if the operation succeeded, or 1 if the operation failed. If the winbindd(8) daemon is not working wbinfo will always return failure. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 2.2 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
winbindd(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. wbinfo and winbindd were written by Tim Potter. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter 19 November 2002 WBINFO(1)