Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Task 1 bible
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Task 1 bible Post 303027277 by Atreus20 on Wednesday 12th of December 2018 05:03:51 PM
Old 12-12-2018
Task 1 bible

Hi i have recently started learning Bash scripting to learn a new skill.

My boss has assigned me a task but i am struggling to complete it would really be thankful for some help ill put what i have so far:

Test1-bible is the directory and each chapter of the bible is a sub-directory hence i have used -r alot to go through all the sub directories. each sub- directory is a html file. the command in the brackets is what i have done so far.

the task is a follows:

write a script to.

Pull out all the lines where the word Jesus appears. ( grep -iw -r -n "jesus" test1bible)

how many time does jesus appear ( grep -r -i "jesus" test1-bible/ | wc -w)

only give me two words either side of the word "lord"

where do the words "which was profaned among the heathen" appear what file and chapter. ( grep -i -r "which was profaned among the heathen")

what is the most repeated word in the bible?

what are the top 10 words used - put them in alphabetical order- give me how many.

now eliminate common words like a, at, the etc.

Thank you

i dont not expect anyone to do it for me but at least point me in the right direction

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Req:Advanced kernel bible

Hi I am looking out for a book which will help admins to fine tune kernel & know in & out of it.. (Linux or Solaris.) Can anyone suggest me a gud book. thanks gokul. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulagiridaran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies
Net::Hotline::Task(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)

NAME
Net::Hotline::Task - Task object used internally by Net::Hotline::Client SYNOPSIS
use Net::Hotline::Task; $task = new Net::Hotline::Task; $task->start(time()); $task->num($num++); ... DESCRIPTION
Net::Hotline::Task is a simple class for storing and retrieving task information, You should never have to create your own Net::Hotline::Task objects when using Net::Hotline::Client. Getting and (to a lesser extent) setting attributes is all that should be necessary. CONSTRUCTION
new NUM, TYPE, START, SOCKET, PATH With no arguments, creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with all attributes set to undef. With three or four arguments (PATH is optional), creates a new Net::Hotline::Task object with task number NUM, task type TYPE, start time START, user socket number SOCKET, and file path PATH. METHODS
All the Net::Hotline::Task methods are simple attribute get/set routines. If given an argument, they set an attribute. In all cases, they return the current value of the attribute. error EXPR The error state of the task. A true value means there was an error. error_text TEXT The error message text. This only applies if error() returns a true value. finish TIME The time (in platform-native time format, i.e. seconds since the epoch on a Unix system) that a task completed. num NUMBER The unique task number. Task numbers increase sequentially. path PATH The path information associated with a task (if any). In situations where two paths may be associated with a task (a "move file" task, for example), a reference to an array containing the paths will be returned. socket NUMBER The unique user socket number associated with a task (if any). start TIME The time (in platform-native time format) that a task was started. type TASK_TYPE The HTLC_TASK_XXX constant specifying the type of task. These constants are defined in Net::Hotline::Constants, and include: HTLC_TASK_KICK Disconnect a user. HTLC_TASK_LOGIN Log into server. HTLC_TASK_NEWS Get the news. HTLC_TASK_NEWS_POST Post to news. HTLC_TASK_FILE_DELETE Delete a file. HTLC_TASK_FILE_INFO Get file information. HTLC_TASK_FILE_LIST Get a file list. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MKDIR Create a new folder. HTLC_TASK_FILE_MOVE Move a file. HTLC_TASK_SEND_MSG Send a private message. HTLC_TASK_SET_INFO Set file information. HTLC_TASK_USER_INFO Get user information. HTLC_TASK_USER_LIST Get the userlist. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@mindspring.com) COPYRIGHT
Copyright(c) 1999 by John Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2002-11-27 Net::Hotline::Task(3pm)