Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Task 1 bible
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Task 1 bible Post 303027277 by Atreus20 on Wednesday 12th of December 2018 05:03:51 PM
Old 12-12-2018
Task 1 bible

Hi i have recently started learning Bash scripting to learn a new skill.

My boss has assigned me a task but i am struggling to complete it would really be thankful for some help ill put what i have so far:

Test1-bible is the directory and each chapter of the bible is a sub-directory hence i have used -r alot to go through all the sub directories. each sub- directory is a html file. the command in the brackets is what i have done so far.

the task is a follows:

write a script to.

Pull out all the lines where the word Jesus appears. ( grep -iw -r -n "jesus" test1bible)

how many time does jesus appear ( grep -r -i "jesus" test1-bible/ | wc -w)

only give me two words either side of the word "lord"

where do the words "which was profaned among the heathen" appear what file and chapter. ( grep -i -r "which was profaned among the heathen")

what is the most repeated word in the bible?

what are the top 10 words used - put them in alphabetical order- give me how many.

now eliminate common words like a, at, the etc.

Thank you

i dont not expect anyone to do it for me but at least point me in the right direction

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Req:Advanced kernel bible

Hi I am looking out for a book which will help admins to fine tune kernel & know in & out of it.. (Linux or Solaris.) Can anyone suggest me a gud book. thanks gokul. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokulagiridaran
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies
american-english(5)						   Users' Manual					       american-english(5)

NAME
american-english - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/american-english is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 american-english(5)