Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Inconsistent results using sort function Post 303027272 by aberg on Wednesday 12th of December 2018 04:52:53 PM
Old 12-12-2018
Thanks. I've just tried that:
Code:
sort -t ' ' -k 1,1 -g file2.txt

but still getting the same output...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sort function

do any one knows where i can find an implementation in c for the sort function (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbargo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort find results

Hi-- Ok. I have now found that: find -x -ls will do what I need as far as finding all files on a particular volume. Now I need to sort the results by the file's modification date/time. Is there a way to do that? Also, I notice that for many files, whereas the man for find says ls is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: groundlevel
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort function in perl

Hi, here is my perl script.This script creates an array and is sorting it using the in-built sort function in perl. #!/usr/local/bin/perl my number=6; my @num_arr=(1,2,3,4,5); my @array=(23,"$number","Hello",2.345,@num_arr); #printing the array print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: I need to sort a text file in an uncommon manner, can't get desired results

Hi All I have a flat text file. Each line in it contains a "/full path/filename". The last three columns are predictable, but directory depth of each line varies. I want to sort on the last three columns, starting from the last, 2nd last and 3rd last. In that order. The last three columns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakeKatz
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store the results of perl recursive function when applied under for loop

Hi Perl Gurus , need URGENT HELP PLEASE !!!!! I have one recursive Perl function which takes path of any directory as argument and returns array containing all the sub folders inside it recursively. Now the problem is that it works well if i use it with one time but the problem is that when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthriksh2000
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort folder results

Here is the code, but the list is not sorted properly (alphabetically)? <?php function folderlist(){ $startdir = './'; $ignoredDirectory = '.'; $ignoredDirectory = '..'; if (is_dir($startdir)){ if ($dh = opendir($startdir)){ while (($folder = readdir($dh)) !== false){ if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort find results

Hi, I have a problem with a shell script. The script should find all .cpp and .h files and list them. With: for file in `find $src -name '*.h' -o -name '*.cpp' it gives out this: H:\FileList\A\E\F\G\newCppFile.cpp H:\FileList\header01.h H:\FileList\B\nextCppFile.cpp ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellBeginner75
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX SORT command chops results

I am trying to sort a file . The file looks like this: DDFF 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFQ 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFX 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDUA 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load My command: sort -k1 /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt -o /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt The results are OK except for one line where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yahalom
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange sort -r results

Hi Folks - I have this file that looks like this: outbox/logs/Client_1042.log outbox/logs/Client_941.log outbox/logs/Client_942.log outbox/logs/Client_943.log outbox/logs/Client_944.log And this is my code: #!/bin/bash _OUTBOX_BIN="outbox/logs/" _NAME="Client" _TEMP="temp.txt"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange results from 'strings | sort'

Using the 'strings' command and piping the result to 'sort' is producing strange results. I get block of lines that begin with asterisks, then a block that begins with some text, then more lines that begin with asterisks. The actual content is correct - lines beginning with asterisks is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)