Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need a Bash script for iterating thru an array and running a command Post 303027202 by SVRao19056 on Monday 10th of December 2018 06:22:44 PM
Old 12-10-2018
Thank you for simper solution!

Andrew ,
You suggested a simpler solution . I am a newbie and simpler alternatives are appreciated
Quote:
Stupid question, but why not:

sudo docker rm -f $(docker ps -aq)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running function or command concurrently in a bash script

I currently run a script over a vpnc tunnel to back-up my data to a remote server. However for a number of reasons the tunnel often collapses. If I manually restore the tunnel then the whole thing can continue, but I want to add into my script a section whereby while the transfer is taking place,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_bridges
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running bash command inside awk

Org file 192.168.1.10 d:\adir\xdir 192.168.1.11 d:\bdir\ydir want to covert it into robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\xdir\log* some_localdir\adir robocopy \\192.168.1.10\d$\adir\ydir\log* some_localdir\bbdir (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ydk
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash Script: Issue with iterating Directory and store into array

Hi all, I am working on a backup based script, in which it enters to a directory and check the sub-directories and copy the names into an array. cd $CPFs k=0 for i in * do if then ARRs="$i" k=$(($k+1)) #echo "$i" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: canishk
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Command To Delete Number from Array

Hi, I am writing a script to split a log file - the log could contain multiple days worth of logs. The second line of the log contains the string "Version ". In my test log which comprises of two days worth of logs, this string appears twice - once each day. Essentially I would like to split... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmurray21
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Iterating Question

I am trying to look through one of my directories to remove certain files. I am pretty new to Unix and bash so I just need a little help in starting this. I know I would have to write two loops one to iterate the directories and one to iterate the files. How would I write the loops? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on iterating array elements

Hi, I am trying to do something similar to the for loop example from KSH For Loop Array: Iterate Through Array Values $: cat y.ksh #!/bin/ksh # set array called nameservers set -A nameservers 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.5 202.54.1.5 # print all name servers for i in ${nameservers} do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array problem in Bash Script

I am trying to write a Bash Script using a couple of arrays. I need to perform a countdown of sorts on an array done once daily, but each day would start with the numbers from the previous day. This is what I'm starting with : #!/bin/bash days=(9 8 7 6 5) for (( i = 0 ; i < ${#days} ; i++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array compare bash script

Hello, i have a script that should compare between ${ARRAY} that contains all fstab record like this : >>echo ${ARRAY} / /boot between all mountpoints in my df that is stord in ${ARRAY2} >>echo ${ARRAY2} / /boot /dev/shm /var/spool/asterisk/monitor now i have this loop: for i in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running plsql using printf command on bash shell

I am running plsql using printf on a shell, but i am getting some strange error, can someone point what exactly am i missing, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash $ printf " > SET serveroutput ON trimspool on feed off echo off > declare > p_val number; > d_val varchar2(10); > begin > SELECT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)