Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a command once in three hours Post 303027161 by ginrkf on Monday 10th of December 2018 09:26:08 AM
Old 12-10-2018
Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AT command to batch execute every x hours

I want to schedule a batch job (SQL)to run every 6 hours in Unix and the AT command syntax does not seem to cover this. I have created a file ncd_rpt in the directory report and have given the command in this file. at -f /report/ncd_rpt 1:00 am tomorrow I schedule this by running sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen79
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

list the file created before 24 hours using ls command

I want to list the files created before past 24 hours using ls command. please help me on this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only

How to make a script run for a maximum of "x" number of hours only (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScriptDummy
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to clear logs for every 6 hours in solaris

Hi Folks, I need to remove log files for six hours on Solaris. before i used to do for every 24 hours below is the code for 1 day older log files, now i tried using -mmin +360 but it says command not found. Can someone please help me out!!! part of the code: LOG_FILE=`find /home/Logdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sendhil.Kumaran
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Crontab do not run on PM hours

Hi All I have a problem, I wonder if you can help me sort it out: I have the following entry in the cron: 00 1,13 * * * /home/report/opn_amt_gestores_credito.ksh > opn_amt_gestores_credito.log But the entry only runs at 01:07 I have stopped the cron deamon, and started, but it still... (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
39 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

At command not running out of hours

Hi All, new to the forum and new to Unix but I have an issue which is annoying on a new level. I have included a short and full version for anyone needing more information. Short Version I am running a set of scripts that work and run fine. one of the scripts arranges the first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delboy4000
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to run cron entry every 5 min during office hours only?

Hi I need to setuop a cron entry to run every 5 min, only in office hours (between 8:00AM to 18:00PM, I did the following: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 * * * /home/xxx/zzz.ksh But somehow does not work. Could it be wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help 'speeding' up this 'parsing' script - taking 24+ hours to run

Hi, I've written a ksh script that read a file and parse/filter/format each line. The script runs as expected but it runs for 24+ hours for a file that has 2million lines. And sometimes, the input file has 10million lines which means it can be running for more than 2 days and still not finish.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
9 Replies
sa2(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa2(8)

NAME
sa2 -- Generate a system activity daily report file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa2 [-dgpu] [-n mode] [-e time] [-f filename] [-i seconds] [-s time] DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity reporter sar for purposes of generating the standard default daily report file. The report file generated is, /var/log/sa/sardd where the dd represents the current day of the month. The sa2 options are the same as those documented in sar(1). When sa2 runs, it will also remove data and report files, found in /var/log/sa, that are more than one week old. The sa2 command is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sardd Default daily report file. /var/log/sa/sadd Default daily data file. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), fs_usage(1), netstat(1), sar(1), sc_usage(1), top(1), vm_stat(1), crontab(5), iostat(8), sa1(8), sadc(8) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X