Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert creates multiple files Post 303027152 by Neo on Monday 10th of December 2018 08:21:35 AM
Old 12-10-2018
Please provide and post full details of your operation system and version of your image utilities.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

gVim creates and leaves strange tilde ~ files in Windows

Hey folks, I have used gVim in Windows for many years but I have never found an answer to a very simple question I am going to ask you guys... My question is if there is a way to eliminate the creation of those ~ files that gVim creates in Windows. If you have ever used gVim in Windows you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghbarratt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644

Hi, I've searched and read, and searched and read some more; but I'm still not connecting the dots or understanding what I need to change. I have a script that creates a file. If I run it as root, the file gets created with 644 permissions like I want. That seems to make sense (at least I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 65bit
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

naming files that csplit creates

Hi, This is my first time on this forum.. I searched the previous answers, but didn't find the answer I was looking for at first glance. csplit works beautifully for me, except for one thing. My file looks like this: ad|name1|asdf...(several pages)..asdf ... ad|name2|asdf...(several... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get to convert multiple spaces to one space

Hi Guys, I am using a Redhat Linux Centos machine and trying to convert multiple spaces in a file to one space. I am using: sed '/./,/^$/!d' input_file > output_file I also tried cat -s Both gave me no change in the output file. I tried this on cygwin and it worked... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, multiple files input and multiple files output

Hi! I'm new in awk and I need some help. I have a folder with a lot of files and I need that awk do something in each file and print a new file with the output. The input file name should be modified when I print the outpu files. Thanks in advance for help! :-) ciao (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert multiple number ranges into sequence?

Looking for a simple way to convert ranges to a numerical sequence that would assign the original value of the range to the individual numbers that are on the range. Thank you given data 13196-13199 0 13200 4 13201 10 13202-13207 3 13208-13210 7 desired... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcue25
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert single column into multiple rows

Convert Single column to multiple rows file a.txt contains data like below Server=abc Run=1 Tables=10 Sessions=16 Time=380 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=2 Tables=15 Sessions=16 Time=400 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=3 Tables=20 Sessions=16 Time=450 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings on multiple files and output to multiple files

Hi All, I want to use egrep on multiple files and the results should be output to multiple files. I am using the below code in my shell script(working in Ksh shell). However with this code I am not attaining the desired results. #!/bin/ksh ( a="/path/file1" b="path/file2" for file in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
4 Replies
image(3tk)						       Tk Built-In Commands							image(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
image - Create and manipulate images SYNOPSIS
image option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image command is used to create, delete, and query images. It can take several different forms, depending on the option argument. The legal forms are: image create type ?name? ?option value ...? Creates a new image and a command with the same name and returns its name. type specifies the type of the image, which must be one of the types currently defined (e.g., bitmap). name specifies the name for the image; if it is omitted then Tk picks a name of the form imagex, where x is an integer. There may be any number of option-value pairs, which provide configuration options for the new image. The legal set of options is defined separately for each image type; see below for details on the options for built-in image types. If an image already exists by the given name then it is replaced with the new image and any instances of that image will redisplay with the new contents. It is important to note that the image command will silently overwrite any procedure that may cur- rently be defined by the given name, so choose the name wisely. It is recommended to use a separate namespace for image names (e.g., ::img::logo, ::img::large). image delete ?name name ...? Deletes each of the named images and returns an empty string. If there are instances of the images displayed in widgets, the images will not actually be deleted until all of the instances are released. However, the association between the instances and the image manager will be dropped. Existing instances will retain their sizes but redisplay as empty areas. If a deleted image is recreated with another call to image create, the existing instances will use the new image. image height name Returns a decimal string giving the height of image name in pixels. image inuse name Returns a boolean value indicating whether or not the image given by name is in use by any widgets. image names Returns a list containing the names of all existing images. image type name Returns the type of image name (the value of the type argument to image create when the image was created). image types Returns a list whose elements are all of the valid image types (i.e., all of the values that may be supplied for the type argument to image create). image width name Returns a decimal string giving the width of image name in pixels. Additional operations (e.g. writing the image to a file) may be available as subcommands of the image instance command. See the manual page for the particular image type for details. BUILT-IN IMAGE TYPES The following image types are defined by Tk so they will be available in any Tk application. Individual applications or extensions may define additional types. bitmap Each pixel in the image displays a foreground color, a background color, or nothing. See the bitmap manual entry for more informa- tion. photo Displays a variety of full-color images, using dithering to approximate colors on displays with limited color capabilities. See the photo manual entry for more information. SEE ALSO
bitmap(3tk), options(3tk), photo(3tk) KEYWORDS
height, image, types of images, width Tk 4.0 image(3tk)