Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sftp transfers file partially Post 303027108 by Neo on Sunday 9th of December 2018 10:55:11 PM
Old 12-09-2018
You can use rsync to automate file transfer and it works better, in my opinion, than wrapping with expect.

I do a lot of automatic file transfers and I use rsync exclusively. That will solve your problem, moving to rsync.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reas a file partially line by line

I need to read a file fron nth to n+m line by line using bash ie while read line do # soem stuff done <<file But The file is so big I am only intersted in reading ceratin portion of the file ie from nth line to mth line where m is alwasy greatr than n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to partially replace variable value?

I have variable $2 whose value is expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.par I want to replace three characters from right (par) with (log) Input --> expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.par Output --> expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.log Thanks Deep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep.singh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tunneling commands and file transfers through established ssh connection

Hi - I frequently run commands, and transfer files to/from a host that uses SecurID ssh authentication. It is a real pain to have to enter the authentication information every time I want to interact with this host. I am wondering if there is a way to establish a one-time ssh connection to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to partially clear the terminal?

The clear command specifically says it can only clear the entire terminal display. There are no arguments. So I'm wondering if there are any work arounds. Carriage return does not work for this as it only moves the cursor to the beginning of the line we're on. And obviously NL only goes down. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FunkyLich
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output the partially equals

Hello i have 2 files: a.out 10.1.1.1 james.franco 10.1.1.3 google.gol 10.1.1.14 yahoo.bol b.out 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.3 10.1.1.45 I need to see an output just with: 10.1.1.1 james.franco 10.1.1.3 google.gol Thankz in advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielldf
2 Replies

6. Programming

Automatic SFTP transfers using OpenSSH on Windows and C#

I would like to create console application in c# to automate the process of downloading some files from a SFTP server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. SFTP Server installed OpenSSH for windows and client machine also. Any ideas how I could do such a task? or sample code. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sufiiyan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script partially executes??

Hi All, I am calling a shell script from another shell script, however, it only executes part of it (the echo commands only). What could be some causes for that? For example: ShellScriptA.sh: ... ... ... . ShellScriptB.sh ShellScriptB.sh contents: echo date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command / script to partially rename file

Hi I have numerous files names product_host_result_B1000842.txt product_host_result_B1000847.txt product_host_result_C1000842.txt product_host_result_C1000848.txt etc. I need them renamed so that the 'product_host_result' becomes 'output_product_host' but the rest of the filename is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify failed file transfers during SFTP

Hi All, I have a pretty demanding requirement for an SFTP script I have been trying to put together. I have nearly 100 files (all with the names staring with T_PROD) generated in my local server daily. I need to transfer each of these files to a remote server via SFTP (that's a client... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help: SFTP Error Handling for transfers

I am working on a shell script where after making sftp connection to a remote server the file are being transferred. The problem is how to capture return code for the file which is missing at the remote location. I have tried to capture the return code which return value of "0" even the transfer of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsu - change (virtual) user ID or become (virtual) superuser SYNOPSIS
viewsu [options] [username] DESCRIPTION
The viewsu command is used to become another user during a login session. Invoked without a username, viewsu defaults to becoming the supe- ruser. The optional argument - may be used to provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. This command is the View-OS counterpart of the su(1) command. The value of $PATH is reset to /bin:/usr/bin for normal users, or /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin for the superuser. This may be changed with the ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH definitions in /etc/login.defs. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the viewsu command are: -c, --command COMMAND Specify a command that will be invoked by the shell using its -c. -, -l, --login Provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. When - is used, it must be specified as the last viewsu option. The other forms (-l and --login) do not have this restriction. -s, --shell SHELL The shell that will be invoked. The invoked shell is chosen from (highest priority first): o The shell specified with --shell. o The shell indicated in the /etc/passwd entry for the target user. o /bin/sh if a shell could not be found by any above method. SEE ALSO
su(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from su(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 5, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)