Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network stress test.
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Network stress test. Post 303027031 by MuntyScrunt on Friday 7th of December 2018 09:47:08 AM
Old 12-07-2018
I will look into it now. Thank you.

--- Post updated at 02:47 PM ---

iperf is great for point to point, and I can set off a few nodes, but the server seems to fall over quite often without any errors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to stress the memory

Hi All, Is there way to stress memory on Solaris 10? If yes, how do I monitor the memory usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Solaris & Linux memory stress test?

I'm looking for a script or some other application that will use up a lot of memory on a Solaris or Linux server, in order to test a monitoring application. So far I have found a script that's good for CPU usage but it does nothing for memory. I have also tried the application called 'stress'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraas
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to test network connection - please help

I want to test if my host can connect to any of the following 10 hosts (192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.9) I didnt know which command i should use, so i chose ping. (i wonder if i should use tracepath or sth else) my code is the following: #!/bin/bash clear firstPart="192.168.1" maxNum="9" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to test my network connectivities

Hello folks; I have about 20 servers in my environment here as well as some applications such as MySql, Oracle, etc.. I need help writing a shell script that can go out and test the Internet connection by pinging servers as well as testing the Oracle & MySql connections. Is there a way to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

Stress Test a NIC

I need to find out if the NIC on my MP-RAS box is bad. Unfortunately just sending out a ping to the loop back is not going to cut it. I need to be able to send out packets of information for several minutes at a time. I can't seem to find a tool or command to do this. Is anyone aware of a way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardduncan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Test network routing algourithm

hi, I've wrote my own network routing algorithm in java, now i wanna test it and see if it works correctly, also i wanna test it's performance in comparison with other network routing algorithms like RIP. can anyone tell me how can i do this? is there any simulator or something for network routing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap stress test

I was hoping to test a bug posted by oracle, which indicates that the system may crash when using a zfs volume as a swap device. We moved swap away from zfs and over to raw disk devices in order to stop the crashes we've been experiencing. What I wanted to do was to re-create the crash in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: butchie3980
8 Replies

8. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

9. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
ffcfstress(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ffcfstress(1)

NAME
ffcfstress - constant force stress test for force-feedback devices SYNOPSIS
ffcfstress [-d <device>] [-u <update rate>] [-f <frequency>] [-a <amplitude>] [-s <strength>] [-x <axis>] [-A] [-o] DESCRIPTION
ffcfstress stress tests constant non-enveloped forces on a force feedback device. It simulates a moving spring force by applying a fre- quently updated constant force effect. Beware, the stress test may damage your device! OPTIONS
At least one option is required. -d <device> The device to test (by default /dev/input/event0). -u <update rate> The update rate in Hz (25 by default). -f <frequency> The spring center motion frequency in Hz (0.1 by default). -a <amplitude> The spring center motion amplitude, between 0.0 and 1.0 (1.0 by default). -s <strength> The spring strength factor (1.0 by default). -x <axis> absolute axis to test (default: 0) [0 = X, 1 = Y, 2 = Z, 3 = RX, 4 = RY, 5 = RZ, 6 = WHEEL] -A switch off auto-centering -o Dummy option, useful when all defaults should be used. SEE ALSO
ffmvforce(1), fftest(1), jstest(1). AUTHOR
ffcfstress was written by Oliver Hamann. This manual page was written by Stephen Kitt <steve@sk2.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It was last modified for ffcfstress dated February 15, 2002. ffcfstress March 8, 2009 ffcfstress(1)