Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network stress test.
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Network stress test. Post 303027031 by MuntyScrunt on Friday 7th of December 2018 09:47:08 AM
Old 12-07-2018
I will look into it now. Thank you.

--- Post updated at 02:47 PM ---

iperf is great for point to point, and I can set off a few nodes, but the server seems to fall over quite often without any errors.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to stress the memory

Hi All, Is there way to stress memory on Solaris 10? If yes, how do I monitor the memory usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Solaris & Linux memory stress test?

I'm looking for a script or some other application that will use up a lot of memory on a Solaris or Linux server, in order to test a monitoring application. So far I have found a script that's good for CPU usage but it does nothing for memory. I have also tried the application called 'stress'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraas
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to test network connection - please help

I want to test if my host can connect to any of the following 10 hosts (192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.9) I didnt know which command i should use, so i chose ping. (i wonder if i should use tracepath or sth else) my code is the following: #!/bin/bash clear firstPart="192.168.1" maxNum="9" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to test my network connectivities

Hello folks; I have about 20 servers in my environment here as well as some applications such as MySql, Oracle, etc.. I need help writing a shell script that can go out and test the Internet connection by pinging servers as well as testing the Oracle & MySql connections. Is there a way to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

Stress Test a NIC

I need to find out if the NIC on my MP-RAS box is bad. Unfortunately just sending out a ping to the loop back is not going to cut it. I need to be able to send out packets of information for several minutes at a time. I can't seem to find a tool or command to do this. Is anyone aware of a way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardduncan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Test network routing algourithm

hi, I've wrote my own network routing algorithm in java, now i wanna test it and see if it works correctly, also i wanna test it's performance in comparison with other network routing algorithms like RIP. can anyone tell me how can i do this? is there any simulator or something for network routing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap stress test

I was hoping to test a bug posted by oracle, which indicates that the system may crash when using a zfs volume as a swap device. We moved swap away from zfs and over to raw disk devices in order to stop the crashes we've been experiencing. What I wanted to do was to re-create the crash in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: butchie3980
8 Replies

8. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

9. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)