Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network stress test.
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Network stress test. Post 303027027 by RudiC on Friday 7th of December 2018 08:03:02 AM
Old 12-07-2018
Do you know about the iperf tool?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to stress the memory

Hi All, Is there way to stress memory on Solaris 10? If yes, how do I monitor the memory usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Solaris & Linux memory stress test?

I'm looking for a script or some other application that will use up a lot of memory on a Solaris or Linux server, in order to test a monitoring application. So far I have found a script that's good for CPU usage but it does nothing for memory. I have also tried the application called 'stress'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraas
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to test network connection - please help

I want to test if my host can connect to any of the following 10 hosts (192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.9) I didnt know which command i should use, so i chose ping. (i wonder if i should use tracepath or sth else) my code is the following: #!/bin/bash clear firstPart="192.168.1" maxNum="9" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow_boi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to test my network connectivities

Hello folks; I have about 20 servers in my environment here as well as some applications such as MySql, Oracle, etc.. I need help writing a shell script that can go out and test the Internet connection by pinging servers as well as testing the Oracle & MySql connections. Is there a way to do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

5. IP Networking

Stress Test a NIC

I need to find out if the NIC on my MP-RAS box is bad. Unfortunately just sending out a ping to the loop back is not going to cut it. I need to be able to send out packets of information for several minutes at a time. I can't seem to find a tool or command to do this. Is anyone aware of a way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wardduncan
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Test network routing algourithm

hi, I've wrote my own network routing algorithm in java, now i wanna test it and see if it works correctly, also i wanna test it's performance in comparison with other network routing algorithms like RIP. can anyone tell me how can i do this? is there any simulator or something for network routing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap stress test

I was hoping to test a bug posted by oracle, which indicates that the system may crash when using a zfs volume as a swap device. We moved swap away from zfs and over to raw disk devices in order to stop the crashes we've been experiencing. What I wanted to do was to re-create the crash in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: butchie3980
8 Replies

8. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

9. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)