Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Choice: Draggable Editors or Smilie Box on Quick Editor Post 303027004 by Neo on Thursday 6th of December 2018 11:40:07 PM
Old 12-07-2018
Update: Well, at the speed of technology in 2019, I have decided to remove (comment out for now) jQuery-UI from the site and disable all draggable code. The jQuery-UI tooltips are annoying and there seems to be no real use-case for draggable areas of the site.

Onwards and upwards to the next web dev experiment.

I may rewrite the smilies and color pickers in the editor to use some kind of modal component from Bootstrap.

Modal . Bootstrap

But first, I may change all the error messages on the site to use these Bootstrap modals since the current error messages using the legacy vB "standard error" system is nothing short of terrible, LOL

Before diving into the modals, I need to also look at modals in VueJS.

Modal Component - Vue.js

On the surface, I like the Bootstrap modals better than the VueJS modals; but will know more after implementing them.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

editors?

Just started out with C and are looking for a good editor in *nix that marks the code with colors. This is maybe a newbie thing to have the C code in colors but i like it and you can almost always se when you are typing wrong. :) Ive heard that emacs should have that option but i havent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexdoctor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editors for UNIX

Where can i find editors for UNIX? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail utilities and editors.

I was wondering what other mail utilities besides 'mutt, unix mail, PINE and elm' are available for unix. Also, what other editors are around besides 'VI, pico, vim and emacs'... I've been searching the net looking for some answers, but nothing much has come up.. thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shonnie
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
XtAddGrab(3)							   XT FUNCTIONS 						      XtAddGrab(3)

NAME
XtAddGrab, XtRemoveGrab - redirect user input to a modal widget SYNTAX
void XtAddGrab(Widget w, Boolean exclusive, Boolean spring_loaded); void XtRemoveGrab(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
exclusive Specifies whether user events should be dispatched exclusively to this widget or also to previous widgets in the cascade. spring_loaded Specifies whether this widget was popped up because the user pressed a pointer button. w Specifies the widget to add to or remove from the modal cascade. DESCRIPTION
The XtAddGrab function appends the widget (and associated parameters) to the modal cascade and checks that exclusive is True if spring_loaded is True. If these are not True, XtAddGrab generates an error. The modal cascade is used by XtDispatchEvent when it tries to dispatch a user event. When at least one modal widget is in the widget cas- cade, XtDispatchEvent first determines if the event should be delivered. It starts at the most recent cascade entry and follows the cas- cade up to and including the most recent cascade entry added with the exclusive parameter True. This subset of the modal cascade along with all descendants of these widgets comprise the active subset. User events that occur outside the widgets in this subset are ignored or remapped. Modal menus with submenus generally add a submenu widget to the cascade with exclusive False. Modal dialog boxes that need to restrict user input to the most deeply nested dialog box add a subdialog widget to the cascade with exclusive True. User events that occur within the active subset are delivered to the appropriate widget, which is usually a child or fur- ther descendant of the modal widget. Regardless of where on the screen they occur, remap events are always delivered to the most recent widget in the active subset of the cas- cade that has spring_loaded True, if any such widget exists. The XtRemoveGrab function removes widgets from the modal cascade starting at the most recent widget up to and including the specified wid- get. It issues an error if the specified widget is not on the modal cascade. SEE ALSO
X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtAddGrab(3)