Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Choice: Draggable Editors or Smilie Box on Quick Editor Post 303027003 by Neo on Thursday 6th of December 2018 11:17:34 PM
Old 12-07-2018
Hmm... I don't see any real benefit for having sections of the web site draggable using jQuery-UI except, perhaps, for the ability to drag the Quick Reply Editor (QRE) when composing a reply. Not sure if this "minor goodness" has much value compared to the added overhead of adding the relatively sizable jQuery-UI Javascript library. Of course, this is more code to maintain and another JS library to maintain.

I doubt anyone here will use "draggable" in any useful way. Will let this experiment run for a bit longer but I may turn it off sooner than later.

Better, I think, to add some VueJS - Bootstrap apps or components to the site.

Of some minor interest to note is that the jQuery-UI libs currently override the site's Bootstrap tooltips. These tooltips look good in some places and not so good in others, and also I'm having some trouble controlling the tooltip format (for example, getting rid of the shadow box) in the Advanced Stats. So, I'm not a huge fan of these jQuery-UI tooltips. This is another reason to remove the jQuery-UI libs from the site, sooner than later.

At this point in time, jQuery-UI seems more value-subtracted than value-added compared to other JS libs and frameworks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

editors?

Just started out with C and are looking for a good editor in *nix that marks the code with colors. This is maybe a newbie thing to have the C code in colors but i like it and you can almost always se when you are typing wrong. :) Ive heard that emacs should have that option but i havent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexdoctor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editors for UNIX

Where can i find editors for UNIX? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Inbal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail utilities and editors.

I was wondering what other mail utilities besides 'mutt, unix mail, PINE and elm' are available for unix. Also, what other editors are around besides 'VI, pico, vim and emacs'... I've been searching the net looking for some answers, but nothing much has come up.. thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shonnie
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

opinions on video editors

What is everyones opinions on these video editors? PiTiVi Avidemux Cinelerra Kdenlive Kino Linux Video Editing: Top Five Linux Video Editors (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

6. Web Development

New Font Awesome Icons in Quick Reply Editor

Working on the Quick Reply Editor, I have replaced a number of icons (see image below) with Font Awesome Icons. Was planning to replace all of them, but for some reason, replacing a few of them causes the script / template to break (which is odd) so I left them for now. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs | --library-libs | --plugin-libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library- libs, and --plugin-libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --library-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a library that uses SDL. (This excludes any static objects required for linking, since these must be linked only by executable programs.) --plugin-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an SDL-using object that is to be accessed via dlopen(3). This may include static objects with PIC symbol information. This option should not be used for ordinary shared libraries or standalone applications. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. gcc -o libSDL_nifty-1.2.so.0.0.1 $(sdl --library-libs) read.o write.o munge.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a shared library. gcc -o libnifty_xmms.so $(sdl --plugin-libs) stream.o blit.o deinterlace.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a plugin for use by another program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. SDL 1.2 2001-12-25 sdl-config(1)