Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error code with if statement
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error code with if statement Post 303026968 by SVRao19056 on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 06:41:03 PM
Old 12-05-2018
This works . I have seen this error before . That time it was because I was missing a semi colon. I suspect its the same in your case

Code:
echo "enter file name " ; read input ; if [ -e $input ]; then echo "$input fo
und"; else echo "$input not found"; fi
enter file name
ntsuser.ini
ntsuser.ini not found

echo "enter file name " ; read input ; if [ -e $input ]; then echo "$input fo
und"; else echo "$input not found"; fi
enter file name
ntuser.ini
ntuser.ini found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code checking for all values in the same if statement.

I am trying to set up a variable based on the name of the file. function script_name { if then job_name='MONITOR' return job_name; elsif then job_name='VERSION' return job_name fi } for i in `ls *log` do script_name $i done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snytax error on If Statement--help

year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12);; if($day =7 ); then $day=6 fi 4 | 6 | 9 | 11);; if ; then $day=31 fi 2);; if ; then if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
2 Replies

4. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement code syntax

Hi, can someone please tell me what is wrong with this code? I just want it to check if the file size is greater than 2000kb. if Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:21 PM ---------- I should probably post the full code: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengel
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a return code in an if statement?

Hi all, After so many tries and searching online for ideas, I had trouble accomplishing this. Is it possible to do something like this in KSH to run an if statement on a return code? Unfortunately the code below fails... Would anyone know how to fix the below attempt? if "$`{pkginfo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this statement of code mean.....

Good morning, I am 100% mew to Unix and am trying to troubleshoot why a pgm written 3 years ago, suddenly is not working properly. It is part Perl with some UNIX commands thrown in. I need to verify what the UNIX commands are doing before I can continue with my other troubleshooting. print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
7 Replies
asn1_parser2tree(3)						     libtasn1						       asn1_parser2tree(3)

NAME
asn1_parser2tree - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <libtasn1.h> asn1_retCode asn1_parser2tree(const char * file_name, ASN1_TYPE * definitions, char * errorDescription); ARGUMENTS
const char * file_name specify the path and the name of file that contains ASN.1 declarations. ASN1_TYPE * definitions return the pointer to the structure created from "file_name" ASN.1 declarations. char * errorDescription return the error description or an empty string if success. DESCRIPTION
Function used to start the parse algorithm. Creates the structures needed to manage the definitions included in file_name file. RETURNS
ASN1_SUCCESS if the file has a correct syntax and every identifier is known, ASN1_ELEMENT_NOT_EMPTY if definitions not ASN1_TYPE_EMPTY, ASN1_FILE_NOT_FOUND if an error occured while opening file_name, ASN1_SYNTAX_ERROR if the syntax is not correct, ASN1_IDENTIFIER_NOT_FOUND if in the file there is an identifier that is not defined, ASN1_NAME_TOO_LONG if in the file there is an identifier whith more than ASN1_MAX_NAME_SIZE characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libtasn1 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libtasn1 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libtasn1 should give you access to the complete manual. libtasn1 2.13 asn1_parser2tree(3)