Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How do i start a new thread with my android phone? Post 303026945 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 10:53:25 AM
Old 12-05-2018
Use your Thread-O-Matic Discombobulator?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
FOOMATIC-CONFIGURE(1)					      General Commands Manual					     FOOMATIC-CONFIGURE(1)

NAME
foomatic-configure - the main configuration program of the foomatic printing system. SYNOPSIS
foomatic-configure [OPTION]... foomatic-configure -n queuename [ -N description ] [ -L location ] [ -c con- nect ] [ -d driver ] [ -p printer ] [ -s spooler ] [ -C [ sourcespooler ] source- queue ] [ -o option1=value1 -o option2 ... ] [ -q ] [ --oldppd ] foomatic-configure -D -n queuename [ -s spooler ] [ -q ] foomatic-configure -R -n queuename [ -s spooler ] [ -q ] foomatic-configure -Q [ -s spooler ] [ -n queuename ] [ -r ] foomatic-configure -P [ -s spooler ] [ -n queuename ] [ index ] foomatic-configure -X -p printer | -d driver | -p printer -d driver foomatic-configure -O foomatic-configure -h foomatic-configure --help DESCRIPTION
foomatic-configure is a program to establish and configure print queues, drivers, spoolers, etc using the foomatic database and companion filters. It also comprises half of a programatic API for user tools: you can learn and control everything about the static properties of print queues here. With the sister program foomatic-printjob, you can do everything related to print queue dynamic state: submit jobs, and query, cancel, reorder, and redirect them. Options -n queuename Configure this print queue -N Name/Description Use this proper human-readable name/description -L Location Short phrase describing this printer's location -c connection Printer is connected thusly (ex file:/dev/lp0) -d driver Foomatic database name for desired printer driver -p printer Foomatic id for printer -s spooler Explicit spooler type (cups, lpd, lprng, pdq, ppr, direct) -o option=value Set the default of option to value -o option Turn on option by default --oldppd Use the old CUPS-O-Matic PPD files for CUPS queues (default are the PPD-O-Matic PPDs) -D Set this queue as the default queue (just give -n queuename) -R Remove this whole queue entirely (just give -n queuename) -C [ sourcespooler ] sourcequeue Copy sourcequeue from sourcespooler (or the current one if sourcespooler is not given) into the queue given by -n queuename (of the current spooler). -Q Query existing configuration (gives XML summary) -r List also remotely defined queues (CUPS only) -P [ index ] Get Perl dump of current configuration (as a Perl array named QUEUES, the first index is index, or zero if index is not given) -O Print XML Overview of all known printer/drivers (this shows also the Foomatic IDs of the printers) -X Print XML data for -p printer and/or -d driver object -q Run quietly Commands No commands, just options FILES
/etc/foomatic/lpd/<queue> /etc/foomatic/<queue>.xml /etc/printcap The systems list of configured printers. SEE ALSO
foomatic-printjob(1), EXIT STATUS
foomatic-configure returns 0 if no errors occurred. AUTHOR
Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.Shuttle.de> for the foomatic project using comments from the source. BUGS
foomatic-configure currently cannot handle printcap files in the lprng style. As lprng can use BSD style printcaps this is not much of a problem, as long as the GUI based print manager lprngtool is not used. The difference between those formats is, that BSD style requires continuation lines in printer definitions to be ended with a colon and the newline character to be escaped with a backslash. Lprng has no such restriction. To use a printcap file generated or edited with lprngtool with foomatic-configure it is necessary to add : to the end of all but the last line of every printer definition, just as shown below: #comment # primary printer name lp #alternate names |lp2|lp3 |Example of a printer :sd=/usr/spool/LPD/lp :rw:lp=/dev/lp:mx#100 : must be converted to: #comment # primary printer name lp |lp2|lp3 |Example of a printer :sd=/usr/spool/LPD/lp: :rw:lp=/dev/lp:mx#100: This manpage may be out of date. Foomatic Project 2002-01-06 FOOMATIC-CONFIGURE(1)