Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How do i start a new thread with my android phone? Post 303026945 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 10:53:25 AM
Old 12-05-2018
Use your Thread-O-Matic Discombobulator?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
Thread(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Thread(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Thread - Perl implementation of JWZ's mail threading algorithm SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Thread; my $threader = new Mail::Thread (@messages); $threader->thread; dump_em($_,0) for $threader->rootset; sub dump_em { my ($self, $level) = @_; print ' \-> ' x $level; if ($self->message) { print $self->message->head->get("Subject") , " "; } else { print "[ Message $self not available ] "; } dump_em($self->child, $level+1) if $self->child; dump_em($self->next, $level) if $self->next; } DESCRIPTION
This module implements something relatively close to Jamie Zawinski's mail threading algorithm, as described by http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html. Any deviations from the algorithm are accidental. It's happy to be handed any mail object supported by "Email::Abstract". If you need to do anything else, you'll have to subclass and override "_get_hdr". METHODS
new(@messages) Creates a new threader; requires a bunch of messages to thread. thread Goes away and threads the messages together. rootset Returns a list of "Mail::Thread::Container"s which are not the parents of any other message. order($ordering_sub) calls "order_children" over each member of the root set, from one level higher "Mail::Thread::Container" methods "Mail::Thread::Container"s are the nodes of the thread tree. You can't just have the ordinary messages, because we might not have the message in question. For instance, a mailbox could contain two replies to a question that we haven't received yet. So all "logical" messages are stuffed in containers, whether we happen to have that container or not. To do anything useful with the thread tree, you're going to have to recurse around the list of "Mail::Thread::Containers". You do this with the following methods: parent child next Returns the container which is the parent, child or immediate sibling of this one, if one exists. message Returns the message held in this container, if we have one. messageid Returns the message ID for this container. This will be around whether we have the message or not, since some other message will have referred to it by message ID. header( $name ) returns the named header of the contained message subject returns the subject line of the contained message isreply examines the results of ->subject and returns true if it looks like a reply simple_subject the simplified version of ->subject (with reply markers removed) has_descendent($child) Returns true if this container has the given container as a child somewhere beneath it. add_child($child) Add the $child as a child of oneself. remove_child($child) Remove the $child as a child from oneself. children Returns a list of the immediate children of this container. set_children(@children) set the children of a node. does not update the ->parents of the @children order_children($ordering_sub) Recursively reorders children according to the results of $ordering_sub $ordering_sub is called with the containers children, and is expected to return them in their new order. # order by subject line $container->order_children( sub { sort { $a->topmost->message->subject cmp $b->topmost->message->subject } @_ } ); $ordering_sub may be omitted, in which case no ordering takes place topmost Walks the tree depth-first and returns the first message container found with a message attached recurse_down($callback) Calls the given callback on this node and all of its children. DEBUGGING
You can set $Mail::Thread::debug=1 to watch what's going on. MAINTAINER
Tony Bowden BUGS and QUERIES Please direct all correspondence regarding this module to: bug-Mail-Thread@rt.cpan.org ORIGINAL AUTHOR
Simon Cozens, <simon@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003 by Kasei Copyright 2004 by Simon Cozens This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2006-10-30 Thread(3pm)