Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How do i start a new thread with my android phone? Post 303026945 by Neo on Wednesday 5th of December 2018 10:53:25 AM
Old 12-05-2018
Use your Thread-O-Matic Discombobulator?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

How do I start a thread ?

I am actually trying to find out the following: Using MS Windows, XP PRO, I downloaded an Adaptec SCSi 39160 driver from SCO Unix site. Driver is ad160.btld. I now need to copy this driver to a SCO Unix 5.5 standalone server, via a floppy diskette. I've tried SCO505 Diskimage and it didn't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mos8001
2 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies
WORKER(3)								 1								 WORKER(3)

The Worker class

INTRODUCTION
Worker Threads have a persistent context, as such should be used over Threads in most cases. When a Worker is started, the run method will be executed, but the Thread will not leave until one of the following conditions are met: othe Worker goes out of scope (no more references remain) othe programmer calls shutdown othe script dies This means the programmer can reuse the context throughout execution; placing objects on the stack of the Worker will cause the Worker to execute the stacked objects run method. Warning The programmer must retain references to stacked objects until they are executed or unstacked; the Pool class provides a higher level abstraction of the Worker functionality and manages references for the programmer. CLASS SYNOPSIS
Worker Workerextends ThreadTraversableCountableArrayAccess Methods o public integer Worker::getStacked (void ) o public boolean Worker::isShutdown (void ) o public boolean Worker::isWorking (void ) o public boolean Worker::shutdown (void ) o public integer Worker::stack (Threaded &$work) o public integer Worker::unstack ([Threaded &$work]) Inherited methods o public void Thread::detach (void ) o public integer Thread::getCreatorId (void ) o publicstatic Thread Thread::getCurrentThread (void ) o publicstatic integer Thread::getCurrentThreadId (void ) o public integer Thread::getThreadId (void ) o publicstatic mixed Thread::globally (void ) o public boolean Thread::isJoined (void ) o public boolean Thread::isStarted (void ) o public boolean Thread::join (void ) o public void Thread::kill (void ) o public boolean Thread::start ([integer $options]) PHP Documentation Group WORKER(3)