Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match output fields agains two patterns Post 303026888 by RudiC on Tuesday 4th of December 2018 04:43:34 PM
Old 12-04-2018
With an unusual record separator (the defailt FS, i.e. space, <TAB>, <new line>, the solution might be simplified:

Code:
echo "some output" | awk -vRS="[ 	
]" '
/PatternA/ {X = $0
            getline
            print X, $0
           }
/PatternB/
'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to match patterns in 2 different files.

I am new to shell scripting and need some help. I googled, but couldn't find a similar scenario. Basically, I need to rename a datafile. This is the scenario - I have a file, readonly.txt that has 2 columns - file# and name. I have another file,missing_files.txt that has id and name. Both the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files that do not match specific patterns

Hi all, I have been searching online to find the answer for getting a list of files that do not match certain criteria but have been unsuccessful. I have a directory that has many jpg files. What I need to do is get a list of the files that do not match both of the following patterns (I have... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikos-koutax
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add fields in different files only if some fields between them match

Hi everybody (first time posting here) I have a file1 that looks like > 1,101,0.1,0.1 1,26,0.1,0.1 1,3,0.1,0.1 1,97,0.5,0.5 1,98,8.1,0.218919 1,99,6.2,0.248 2,101,0.1,0.1 2,24,3.1,0.147619 2,25,23.5,0.559524 2,26,34,0.723404with 762 lines.. I have another 'similar' file2 > ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murpholinox
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 different patterns and print the lines

Hi, i have been trying to extract multiple lines based on two different patterns as below:- file1 @jkm|kdo|aas012|192.2.3.1 blablbalablablkabblablabla sjfdsakfjladfjefhaghfagfkafagkjsghfalhfk fhajkhfadjkhfalhflaffajkgfajkghfajkhgfkf jahfjkhflkhalfdhfwearhahfl @jkm|sdf|wud08q|168.2.1.3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match patterns from another file and tag

Hi all, I have a file , which has 6 tab delimited fields, with $3 and $4 subfielded with spaces. I wamt to match cols $2,$3,$4 of tmp1 with tmp2, ..and then flag the 5th col if found. tmp1 1756 Xerm XermA XermB XermC XermD AA TT AA GG A 1 1763 Xerm XermA XermB XermC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 patterns together

How can I quickly print out lines in a datafile which has presence of both patterns in a row of another file. Maybe awk can do it much faster than bash. Patternfile ID1 PAT11 PAT12 ID1 PAT21 PAT22 ID2 PAT31 PAT32 datafile headerline... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abh.kumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output match and mismatch with count using specific fields

In the below awk I am trying output to one file those lines that match between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count in (). I am also trying to output those lines that are missing between $2,$3,$4 of file1 and file2 with the count of in () each. Both input files are tab-delimited, but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies