Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace String matching wildcard pattern Post 303026862 by derekludwig on Tuesday 4th of December 2018 06:38:48 AM
Old 12-04-2018
This is a job for sed Smilie

Code:
sed -e 's/EncryptedPassword="[^"]*"/EncryptedPassword=""/'

This User Gave Thanks to derekludwig For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use sed do batch wildcard string replace

Hi, Here is what I want to do I want to search local directory and its sub directory, all the files which contain any string like _12345, then remove this string. String is a combination of _ plus a random integer number. For example, here is one line in a file before <properties... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bp5000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find replace a particular string of data with wildcard

Hi I am having a csv file in which lots of data are available wherein i need to find a particular kind of data and replace it with null value. here is the sample data.. I need to find the string starting with 404-064- and up to the first space i have to remove the data and keep the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed non-greedy pattern matching with wildcard

Toby> cat sample1 This is some arbitrary text before var1, This IS SOME DIFFERENT ARBITRARY TEXT before var2 Toby> sed -e 's/^This .* before //' -e 's/This .* before //' sample1 var2 I need to convert the above text in sample1 so that the output becomes var1, var2 by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TobyNorris
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to replace a perl pattern matching

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching and replace in shell script

Hi I want to find a line in a file which contains a word and replace the patterns. Sample file content temp.xml ==================== <applications> <application> Name="FirstService" location="http://my.website.selected/myfirstService/V1.0/myfirst.war" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.99it
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP - Regex for matching string containing pattern but without pattern itself

The sample file: dept1: user1,user2,user3 dept2: user4,user5,user6 dept3: user7,user8,user9 I want to match by '/^dept2.*/' but don't want to have substring 'dept2:' in output. How to compose such regex? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Exact pattern matching and replace

Hi Team, I am facing a problem as under, Suppose I have a file (test.txt) with the below content (all braces and slashes are included in the contents of the file) Now I want to append few words below matched line, I have written the below sed: sed '/option/a insert text here' test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
2 Replies

9. Programming

Wildcard Pattern Matching In C

I've been having problems lately trying to do pattern matching in C while implementing wildcards. Take for instance the following code: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <dirent.h> #include <string.h> ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pattern matching

Can anyone help me with sed or awk to do a bulk replace of the below requirements. "REC_ID" INTEGER NOT NULL GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY ( START WITH +7486 INCREMENT BY +1 MINVALUE +7467 MAXVALUE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)