Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error code with if statement
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error code with if statement Post 303026854 by Ibrahims1 on Tuesday 4th of December 2018 03:39:40 AM
Old 12-04-2018
Hi Don

i saw post 8 and i tried, in post 9 i mentioned that i don't know how to use the command to solve the problem that was suggested in post 8 , i mentioned as well my file location so i wish if you can help how to use the solution suggested in post 8 as i am new and dont know how to use it,...thanks for your support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code checking for all values in the same if statement.

I am trying to set up a variable based on the name of the file. function script_name { if then job_name='MONITOR' return job_name; elsif then job_name='VERSION' return job_name fi } for i in `ls *log` do script_name $i done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snytax error on If Statement--help

year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12);; if($day =7 ); then $day=6 fi 4 | 6 | 9 | 11);; if ; then $day=31 fi 2);; if ; then if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
2 Replies

4. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement code syntax

Hi, can someone please tell me what is wrong with this code? I just want it to check if the file size is greater than 2000kb. if Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:21 PM ---------- I should probably post the full code: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengel
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a return code in an if statement?

Hi all, After so many tries and searching online for ideas, I had trouble accomplishing this. Is it possible to do something like this in KSH to run an if statement on a return code? Unfortunately the code below fails... Would anyone know how to fix the below attempt? if "$`{pkginfo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this statement of code mean.....

Good morning, I am 100% mew to Unix and am trying to troubleshoot why a pgm written 3 years ago, suddenly is not working properly. It is part Perl with some UNIX commands thrown in. I need to verify what the UNIX commands are doing before I can continue with my other troubleshooting. print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
7 Replies
COMP_ERR(1)						       MySQL Database System						       COMP_ERR(1)

NAME
comp_err - compile MySQL error message file SYNOPSIS
comp_err [options] DESCRIPTION
comp_err creates the errmsg.sys file that is used by mysqld to determine the error messages to display for different error codes. comp_err normally is run automatically when MySQL is built. It compiles the errmsg.sys file from the plaintext file located at sql/share/errmsg.txt in MySQL source distributions. comp_err also generates mysqld_error.h, mysqld_ername.h, and sql_state.h header files. For more information about how error messages are defined, see the MySQL Internals Manual[1]. Invoke comp_err like this: shell> comp_err [options] comp_err supports the following options. o --help, -? Display a help message and exit. o --charset=path, -C path The character set directory. The default is ../sql/share/charsets. o --debug=debug_options, -# debug_options Write a debugging log. A typical debug_options string is d:t:O,file_name. The default is d:t:O,/tmp/comp_err.trace. o --debug-info, -T Print some debugging information when the program exits. o --header_file=file_name, -H file_name The name of the error header file. The default is mysqld_error.h. o --in_file=file_name, -F file_name The name of the input file. The default is ../sql/share/errmsg.txt. o --name_file=file_name, -N file_name The name of the error name file. The default is mysqld_ername.h. o --out_dir=path, -D path The name of the output base directory. The default is ../sql/share/. o --out_file=file_name, -O file_name The name of the output file. The default is errmsg.sys. o --statefile=file_name, -S file_name The name for the SQLSTATE header file. The default is sql_state.h. o --version, -V Display version information and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. NOTES
1. MySQL Internals Manual http://dev.mysql.com/doc/internals/en SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 COMP_ERR(1)