Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Moved Advanced Stats to Search Results Pages Post 303026850 by Neo on Tuesday 4th of December 2018 01:05:40 AM
Old 12-04-2018
Hmmm...

Moving the home page with the stats to a different page and changing the home page to a "featured" page, is not having the intended SEO results for the keyword search "unix".

Will give it another week, and if things do not improve, will reverse this change.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Advanced Search Problems.. Search by User Name

There seems to be some problems with Advanced Searching (by User Name & Keyword). I will try to fix this by upgrading vB soon. Thanks for your patience. Neo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to divide results into several pages?

Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have a long list of results and I want to divide them into several pages. Any ideas of how to do this? I'm using perl languange. eg: Output file consist of 400 data then would like to divide it into 50 data per pages. any help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kate katherine
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

search the entire man pages

Could someone please tell me how to search the entire man pages? I know man -k whatever searched the description but I wanna search the entire man page. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced string search + selection

Hi All, I want to run a script that will search backwards through a text file until it finds a certain string, something like "Date/Time/Eng" and select a string which happens to be a date and save that as a variable. The line will always be in the following exact format: Date/Time/Eng. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin0852
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Search Results (Search, New, and Today's Topics) Animation Switch

Hey, I added an animation switch on the search results page; so by default the thread previews are off, but if you want to look at them, just click on the green button and the thread previews will turn on (and back off). See image and attached animation: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Reformatted Advanced UNIX.COM Search Page (Desktop)

Just enabled Bootstrap for the advanced forum search page (desktop view): https://www.unix.com/search.php That' page still needs work, and to be converted from <table> elements to <div> elements, and to be redesigned, but in the meantime, it's OK using Bootstrap CSS. Note: Before, we had... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Changes to the Forums (Pages and Stats)

Hey. So... here are the changes. 1. The current home page of the forum is now based on a algo (below) which shows a thread based on this SQL $select_limit = 1; $reply_count = 3; $thread_array = array(); $forum_id = 30; //shell programming $query = 'SELECT * FROM thread WHERE... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Update to Advanced Search Page (Phase 1)

Update: I have completed the first phase of revamping the "Advanced Search" page using Bootstrap (desktop not mobile yet): https://www.unix.com/search.php https://www.unix.com/search.php I may change this to a Bootstrap modal later and change the CSS a bit more; but for now it is much... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
synos(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							  synos(1)

NAME
synos - guess operating system from TCP SYN fingerprint SYNOPSIS
synos [--mtu mtu] [--db path] syn-fingerprint DESCRIPTION
synos takes a SYN fingerprint, in the format described for the CLIENT_SYNFP environment variable in the avenger(1) man page, and outputs a guess as to the type of the client operating system. synos makes use of the OpenBSD SYN fingerprint database (which is also repackaged with Mail Avenger). OPTIONS --mtu val Certain operating systems set the initial TCP window size based on the maximum transmission unit, or MTU, of the network. For such operating systems, synos usually checks the window size using both the client's MSS option plus 40 bytes (for TCP and IP headers), or a hard-coded MTU, which defaults to 1,500 bytes. If either value works, the fingerprint is considered to match the operating system. You can change the value 1,500 by specifying this option. A value of 0 tells synos to use only the value derived from the MSS option. --db file Specifies an alternate location for the SYN fingerprint database. FILES
/usr/local/share/pf.os Default location of SYN fingerprint database. SEE ALSO
avenger(1), asmtpd(8) The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. The OpenBSD home page: <http://www.openbsd.org/>. BUGS
The operating system type is determined by heuristics that are not always reliable. Moreover, not all operating systems can be distinguished. The database may not even contain a client's particular operating system and version. It is not hard to fool synos deliberately by changing TCP socket options or injecting raw packets onto the network. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 synos(1)