Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Reviving a NETRA240 Pls? Post 303026800 by ozsavran on Monday 3rd of December 2018 12:32:52 PM
Old 12-03-2018
Thanks for all your encouragement and direction. I had never laid hands on an actual Sun machine before. We just had Solaris x86 and couple of books. That visit was to encourage us to develop something with Java or Solaris actually. I did the very first Oracle e-trade web application in Turkey at the time, and some factory-dealer web order system using Perl and PgSQL. Thanks to freemasons they gave the first big customer business we developed to their own cohorts, naturally. That business was not growing fast enough, so I sold out and made a big organic farm in my beautiful home town. Never felt sorry for that. IT industry is a sales-only, piss-dirty game in backwater countries like this. No real need for engineers like us. Smilie

Yes you were indeed lucky if you got away with only 1 stent and a serious diet. You must have caught it before any cardiac arrest. Stents are not a permanent solution, but after 60, the heart develops new arteries that supplant blocked ones.

It is indeed very very good for our health both that we still play with something like computers. Smilie But 50 years in the industry is really incredible, my hat is off to you. Hope you got real fair value for your companies.
This User Gave Thanks to ozsavran For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

pls help me

we hv a big enviroment networked. we use squid proxy. access allowed by src address previously. we have win2000 network with ads. my requirement is the proxy should allow domain users only for access. how can i map my windows userdatabase with squid is there any thing specific which has 2 b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help pls

Hi, I'm a newbie. I need help on my first assignment in UNIX. 1. How do I determine the number of non-empty directories? I was told to create a variable ARCHIVE, which points to the directory that contains the archive of the messages. But I'm so dumb and I don't even know how to do this. 2. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hygsg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls Help

Hi every one I have got very very bad Email, My question is: How can I get all information about that f*** Email, I do mean IP,reall name, Adress, user name, password etc... I wonder if there is any program or website that I can see that email, help me please When I used windows Xp(old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cano
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help pls!

Hi... Why should I press F1 to start windows?! I have Xp in my computer... thx 4 help Cano (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cano
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

I have a list of variables: ss1, ss5, ss6, ss8, st2 etc. (these values are not fixed, configurable). Now, I have assigned ss5=”test”. And I want to search in the list for the string “test” to know which variable is having the value “test”. Can u pls tell me how to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_cp
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

Hi, I need your help guys. I have two data files, namely 101.amberized.pdb & 101.pdb . Now I want to replace the whole 3rd column of 101.amberized.pdb with the 3rd column of 101.pdb file. How do I do it in shell? Thanks in advance Parimal (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuchu
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Pls do help me

When i run this command, everything is ok. The file can be email and attached but soon after i download the file, the file cant be read. It's seem corrupted. Totally cant be read although i'm using context or wordfile. Original file generated at ek_bkup/alert/tbspace_datafile.log is OK..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP PLs

I have this code: #!/bin/sh awk 'BEGIN NR == 2 repl = "PHI" $4 = repl print $0 'dryloop.txt and this code: #!/bin/sh sed -e '1s/\|$/\|COMID\|/g' -e 's/^087.*$/&PHI\|g' hl.dsldryloop > textdry.txt My code won't work. I want to change the COMID of lines starting with 087 . this is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkhei
15 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help pls

How to find the ten most common words in a file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jass
1 Replies

10. Solaris

NETRA240 in HLR CDMA Wireless Exchange... help is apreciated

Greetings, I hope my post finds you all OK, I have a Netra240 server in an HLR inside a wireless CDMA Exchange, it works as a Hard Disk Unit (HDU) as shown in Local Management Terminal (LMT) as show in the picture 1 attached. The power went down because of a power failure in main UPS, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharista
2 Replies
FSF-FUNDING(7)								GNU							    FSF-FUNDING(7)

NAME
fsf-funding - Funding Free Software DESCRIPTION
Funding Free Software If you want to have more free software a few years from now, it makes sense for you to help encourage people to contribute funds for its development. The most effective approach known is to encourage commercial redistributors to donate. Users of free software systems can boost the pace of development by encouraging for-a-fee distributors to donate part of their selling price to free software developers---the Free Software Foundation, and others. The way to convince distributors to do this is to demand it and expect it from them. So when you compare distributors, judge them partly by how much they give to free software development. Show distributors they must compete to be the one who gives the most. To make this approach work, you must insist on numbers that you can compare, such as, "We will donate ten dollars to the Frobnitz project for each disk sold." Don't be satisfied with a vague promise, such as "A portion of the profits are donated," since it doesn't give a basis for comparison. Even a precise fraction "of the profits from this disk" is not very meaningful, since creative accounting and unrelated business decisions can greatly alter what fraction of the sales price counts as profit. If the price you pay is $50, ten percent of the profit is probably less than a dollar; it might be a few cents, or nothing at all. Some redistributors do development work themselves. This is useful too; but to keep everyone honest, you need to inquire how much they do, and what kind. Some kinds of development make much more long-term difference than others. For example, maintaining a separate version of a program contributes very little; maintaining the standard version of a program for the whole community contributes much. Easy new ports contribute little, since someone else would surely do them; difficult ports such as adding a new CPU to the GNU Compiler Collection con- tribute more; major new features or packages contribute the most. By establishing the idea that supporting further development is "the proper thing to do" when distributing free software for a fee, we can assure a steady flow of resources into making more free software. SEE ALSO
gpl(7), gfdl(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Verbatim copying and redistribution of this section is permitted without royalty; alter- ation is not permitted. gcc-4.3.0 2007-05-12 FSF-FUNDING(7)