Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Any hope for this bootlooping Sun V210? Post 303026776 by gull04 on Monday 3rd of December 2018 08:34:22 AM
Old 12-03-2018
Hi Hichsd8,

Just updated the previous post, something had been niggling as I remembered discussing something very similar in the past.

@ Vext01, Also there only seems to be a single power supply visible, not sure why that would be if you have both inserted.

Regards

Gull04

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

2. Solaris

V210 to V440

I recently acquired a server for home use. Currently, I'm running a V210. I was wondering of a way to basically swap hard drives into the V440. I would like to avoid reinstall on the V440 for many reasons. Currently on the V440, when I try to boot up it forces itself into System Maintenance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adelsin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

V210 to V440

I'm currently trying to move a perfectly find harddrive from a V210 to a V440. From what I can tell, the disk labeling a bit different, (V210 is c1t0d0 and V440 is c0t0d0). My question is, what all do I have to change to get the V440 to boot off of this with very little complications. Right now, it... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
21 Replies

4. Solaris

Booting error in Sun V210

Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.13.2, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #61203679. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a5:e4:df, Host ID: 83a5e4df. Boot device: net File and args: 100 Mbps FDX Link up Timeout waiting for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrudhul
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Connect using ALOM to Sun Fire V210

I have bought from eBay a second hand Sun Fire V210 server and I'm really stumped at the lack of complete instructions on how to connect to it. I don't have a Windows machine, I've only got Ubuntu and OS X computers. None of them have an old RS-232 port on them either. In saying that, I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danijeljames
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Forum & Sun Surefire V210 Access

Purchased a Sun Surefire V210 Server off eBay. Unable to Access the Terminal Mode via the Terminal MGT. Using Windows 7 home, and downloaded the ConEmu. The ConEmu brings up a Command line on the PC, and that's it. Being new to all this, I was expecting a Login prompt to pop up. Read the... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: screenprintr
22 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies
inet6_opt_init(3N)														inet6_opt_init(3N)

NAME
inet6_opt_init(), inet6_opt_append(), inet6_opt_find(), inet6_opt_finish(), inet6_opt_get_val(), inet6_opt_next(), inet6_opt_set_val() - IPv6 Hop-by-Hop and Destination options manipulation functions. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These functions can be used by applications to build and parse the IPv6 Hop-by-Hop and Destination options header. The Hop-by-Hop option header is used to carry optional information that must be examined by every node along a packet's delivery path and the Destination option header is used to carry optional information that needs to be examined only by a packet's destination node(s). This function returns the number of bytes needed for the empty extension header without any options. If extbuf is not NULL, it also initializes the extension header to have the correct length field. If the extlen value is not a positive multiple of 8, the function fails and returns -1. This function returns the updated total length required to add an option with length len and alignment align. If extbuf is not NULL, then in addition to returning the length, this function also inserts any needed pad option, initializes the option (sets the type and length fields), and returns a pointer to the location for the option content in databufp. If the option specified by type does not fit in the extension header buf- fer then the function returns -1. The third parameter offset should be the length returned by or by a previous The parameter type is the 8-bit option type and it must be a value from 2 to 255, inclusive. 0 and 1 are reserved for the Pad1 and PadN options, respectively. The parameter len is the length of the option data excluding the option type and option length fields. It must have a value between 0 and 255, inclusive, and it specifies the length of the option data that follows the option header. The align parameter must have a value of 1, 2, 4, or 8. The align value can not exceed the value of len. If the len parameter is 0, the align parameter is ignored. Once has been called, the application can use databuf directly, or use to specify (set) the contents of the option. This function returns the updated total length including the final padding of the extension header to make the header a multiple of 8 bytes. If extbuf is not NULL, the function also initializes the option by inserting a Pad1 or PadN option of the proper length. If the nec- essary pad does not fit in the extension header buffer, the function returns -1. The parameter offset should be the length returned by or This function inserts data items of various sizes (1, 2, 4, or 8 bytes) in the data portion of the option. After inserting, the function returns the offset for the next field (offset + vallen) which can be used when composing option content with multiple fields. The parameter val points to the data to be inserted and the parameter offset specifies where in the data portion of the option the value should be inserted. The first byte after the option type and length is accessed by specifying an offset of zero. The parameter databuf should be a pointer returned by This function parses extension header options received by the application and it returns the offset of the next option. The parameters extbuf and extlen specify the extension header. The parameter offset is either zero (for the first option) or the length returned by a previous call to or offset specifies the posi- tion where to continue scanning the extension buffer. The next option is returned by updating the parameters databufp, typep, and lenp. This function returns the updated "previous" length computed by advancing past the option that was returned. This returned "previous" length can then be passed to subsequent calls to This function does not return any Pad1 or PadN options. When there are no more options or if the option extension header is mal- formed, the return value is -1. This function is similar to the function but this function lets the caller specify the option type to be searched for instead of always returning the next option in the extension header. If an option of the specified type is located, the function returns the updated "previous" total length. This "previous" total length is computed by advancing past the option that was returned and past any options that did not match the type. This returned previous length can then be passed to subsequent calls to for finding the next occurrence of the same option type. If an option of the specified type is not located or the option extension header is malformed, the return value is -1. This function extracts data items of various sizes (1, 2, 4, or 8 bytes) in the data portion of the option. The function returns the offset for the next field (offset + vallen) which can be used when extracting option content with multiple fields. The first parameter databuf should be a pointer returned by or containing the data portion of the option. offset parameter specifies from where in the data portion of the option the value should be extracted. The first byte after the option type and length is accessed by specifying an offset of zero. val points to the destination for the extracted data. Notes To use these functions, the application must be compiled with: To receive Hop-by-Hop options, the application must enable the socket option: To send a Hop-by-Hop options header, the application specifies the header either as ancillary data in a call to or using The application can remove any sticky Hop-by-Hop extension header by calling for with a zero option length. To receive Destination options appearing after a Routing header (or in a packet without a Routing header), the application must enable the socket option: To receive Destination options appearing before a Routing header, the application must enable the socket option: To send a Destination options header, the application specifies it either as ancillary data in a call to or using The application can remove any sticky Destination extension header by calling for with a zero option length. RETURN VALUE
and return -1 on an error. EXAMPLES
gives a comprehensive example in Appendix C. SEE ALSO
ip6(7P), xopen_networking(7). inet6_opt_init(3N)