Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error code with if statement
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error code with if statement Post 303026728 by Ibrahims1 on Sunday 2nd of December 2018 07:26:52 AM
Old 12-02-2018
Hello Rudic

actually in the beginning i was using visual studio and get the error , when i moved to vi it is solved
i proceed with the code for more line commands and got new error , actually i made a new post for he new error but the admin considered it duplicate and asked to continue on the first post here , i hope its clear now , i will try to read again the instructions of Bakunin and i hope i can follow it correctly , sorry for that but i am very new and not easy for me to understand all your instructions ...i will try my best. thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code checking for all values in the same if statement.

I am trying to set up a variable based on the name of the file. function script_name { if then job_name='MONITOR' return job_name; elsif then job_name='VERSION' return job_name fi } for i in `ls *log` do script_name $i done. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle8
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Snytax error on If Statement--help

year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12);; if($day =7 ); then $day=6 fi 4 | 6 | 9 | 11);; if ; then $day=31 fi 2);; if ; then if ; then (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
2 Replies

4. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if statement code syntax

Hi, can someone please tell me what is wrong with this code? I just want it to check if the file size is greater than 2000kb. if Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:21 PM ---------- I should probably post the full code: #!/bin/sh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengel
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a return code in an if statement?

Hi all, After so many tries and searching online for ideas, I had trouble accomplishing this. Is it possible to do something like this in KSH to run an if statement on a return code? Unfortunately the code below fails... Would anyone know how to fix the below attempt? if "$`{pkginfo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this statement of code mean.....

Good morning, I am 100% mew to Unix and am trying to troubleshoot why a pgm written 3 years ago, suddenly is not working properly. It is part Perl with some UNIX commands thrown in. I need to verify what the UNIX commands are doing before I can continue with my other troubleshooting. print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaacmmason
7 Replies
tcprules(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tcprules(1)

NAME
tcprules - compile rules for tcpserver SYNOPSIS
tcprules rules.cdb rules.tmp OVERVIEW
tcpserver optionally follows rules to decide whether a TCP connection is acceptable. For example, a rule of 18.23.0.32:deny prohibits connections from IP address 18.23.0.32. tcprules reads rules from its standard input and writes them into rules.cdb in a binary format suited for quick access by tcpserver. tcprules can be used while tcpserver is running: it ensures that rules.cdb is updated atomically. It does this by first writing the rules to rules.tmp and then moving rules.tmp on top of rules.cdb. If rules.tmp already exists, it is destroyed. The directories containing rules.cdb and rules.tmp must be writable to tcprules; they must also be on the same filesystem. If there is a problem with the input, tcprules complains and leaves rules.cdb alone. The binary rules.cdb format is portable across machines. RULE FORMAT
A rule takes up one line. A file containing rules may also contain comments: lines beginning with # are ignored. Each rule contains an address, a colon, and a list of instructions, with no extra spaces. When tcpserver receives a connection from that address, it follows the instructions. ADDRESSES
tcpserver starts by looking for a rule with address TCPREMOTEINFO@TCPREMOTEIP. If it doesn't find one, or if TCPREMOTEINFO is not set, it tries the address TCPREMOTEIP. If that doesn't work, it tries shorter and shorter prefixes of TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot. If none of them work, it tries the empty string. For example, here are some rules: joe@127.0.0.1:first 18.23.0.32:second 127.:third :fourth ::1:fifth If TCPREMOTEIP is 10.119.75.38, tcpserver will follow the fourth instructions. If TCPREMOTEIP is ::1, tcpserver will follow the fifth instructions. Note that you cannot detect IPv4 mapped addresses by matching "::ffff", as those addresses will be converted to IPv4 before looking at the rules. If TCPREMOTEIP is 18.23.0.32, tcpserver will follow the second instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is bill and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the third instructions. If TCPREMOTEINFO is joe and TCPREMOTEIP is 127.0.0.1, tcpserver will follow the first instructions. ADDRESS RANGES
tcprules treats 1.2.3.37-53:ins as an abbreviation for the rules 1.2.3.37:ins, 1.2.3.38:ins, and so on up through 1.2.3.53:ins. Similarly, 10.2-3.:ins is an abbreviation for 10.2.:ins and 10.3.:ins. INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions in a rule must begin with either allow or deny. deny tells tcpserver to drop the connection without running anything. For example, the rule :deny tells tcpserver to drop all connections that aren't handled by more specific rules. The instructions may continue with some environment variables, in the format ,VAR="VALUE". tcpserver adds VAR=VALUE to the current envi- ronment. For example, 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="@fix.me" adds RELAYCLIENT=@fix.me to the environment. The quotes here may be replaced by any repeated character: 10.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=/@fix.me/ Any number of variables may be listed: 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",TCPLOCALHOST="movie.edu" SEE ALSO
tcprulescheck(1), tcpserver(1), tcp-environ(5) tcprules(1)