Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Changes to the Forums (Pages and Stats) Post 303026678 by Neo on Saturday 1st of December 2018 11:57:48 AM
Old 12-01-2018
Also, since I changed the original home page to forum.php ... it might be less confusing to long time users if I put the stats back on that page and remove the status from the search results pages.

That might be too many changes in one weekend for long time users to get used to. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

2. AIX

system stats

I recieved this out put below soemhow. Unfortunatly I did not write down the command I used to get it. Can someone tell me what command I use to gather these stats? OS = AIX 5.3 64Bit System Model: IBM,7026-6H1 Machine Serial Number:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. AIX

IO Stats

Aix 5.3 I am trying to view the IO stats. I do the sar 5 5 but that is the WIO and si different than the IO stats right? I am just blanking on this. I know there is a command that I used to run that brings up a whole bunch of live stats that run live such as mem and so on just can't rememeber... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
4 Replies

4. AIX

can I use ps to log overall system stats.

Hi I'm writing a script to get overall system memory and cpu utilization in percentages, much like in top or with AIX's topas. Could I use 'ps' to get the same, I know I can get such results for a particular or group of PIDs but I haven't been able to figure out how I could use 'ps' to give me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
10 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Tapatalk Stats for Forums (Android v. iPhone)

Interesting... for both the iPhone and Andriod phones, so far browsing forums using the Tapatalk apps is rare. Seems folks like the web (browser) format better. With new tablets coming out, I think this trend (browser on tablets v. special apps) will continue. I was surprised, however, that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Stats in Php

So, I have a php program that i need to delete ALL files in a directory that are older than a certain age. <?php /* Get file stat */ $stat = stat('/apps/security/ajaba'); This is as far as I've been able to get. I know in shell programming you can easily do something like this. but I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. Linux

Stats on subdirectories

Please help me with a shell script to get the stats on many subdirectories (sub1), (sub2) etc under a mother directory (big) /big | |_______sub1 |_______sub2 |_______sub3 --------- I want to know 1. What is the last file accessed in each subdirectory with date and by whom 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digipak
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Moved Advanced Stats to Search Results Pages

FYI, today I moved the "Advanced Stats" page from the forum home page to the search results pages. This means that at the top of the search results like "Today's Post" and "New Posts" and keyword searches, the stats will appear at the top of that page instead of the home page. The reason of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
finger(1)						      General Commands Manual							 finger(1)

NAME
finger - user information lookup program SYNOPSIS
[options] user_name ... DESCRIPTION
By default, lists for each user_name on the system: o Login name, o Full given name, o Terminal write status (if write permission is denied), o Idle time, o Login time, o User's home directory and login shell, o Any plan the user has placed in file in their home directory, o Project on which they are working from the file also in the home directory, o office location and phone number (if known), o last time the user received the mail, and last time the user read the mail. Idle time is in minutes if listed as a single integer, hours and minutes if a is present, or days and hours if a is present. Account names as well as first and last names of users are accepted. can also be used to list users on a remote machine. The format for user_name is user_name@host. If user_name is not specified, the remote system (HP-UX or non-HP-UX) uses its default standard format for listing user information. Options recognizes the following options: Suppress printing the user's home directory and shell. Suppress printing the header that is normally printed in a short-format printout. Suppress printing the file in a long-format printout. Force ``idle'' output format. Similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, login time, and idle time are printed. Force long output format. Match arguments only on user name. Suppress printing of the files Force quick output format. Similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, and login time are printed. Print the user's host name. Force short output format. Suppress printing the full name in a short-format printout. WARNINGS
Only the first line of the file is printed. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
who file last login file for users names, offices, ... plans projects mail directory SEE ALSO
chfn(1), who(1), utmpd(1M). finger(1)