Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to merge and delete lines Post 303026648 by Jag02 on Saturday 1st of December 2018 02:42:49 AM
Old 12-01-2018
Thanks a ton !! It helped.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to merge files

Can anybody help me out with this problem " a shell program that takes one or any number of file names as input; sorts the lines of each file in ascending order and displays the non blank lines of each sorted file and merge them as one combined sorted file. The program generates an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to delete lines in a file

Hi All, I have a file with 3 columns (Bank Name, Account Number and Amount). My requirement, I need to delete lines using Unix Shell script: 1. Which are having Alphanumeric characters in Account Number (eg. Line3). 2. Which are having 0.00 in amount. (eg. Line4) 3. And also I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merge Shell Script

I have a file test.log The content of the file is : a:R_yz:1 a:R_cd:2 a:F_bc:0 a:F_xx:3 b:R_dg:5 b:R_gf:1 b:F_fd:4 I want the output is : :a R_yz 1 3 3 : R_cd 2 : F_bc 0 : F_xx 3 :b R_dg 5 6 4 : R_gf 1 : F_fd 4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines and merge lines in shell

Hi, I'm not a expert in shell programming, so i've come here to take help from u gurus. I'm trying to tailor a csv file that i got to make it work for the LOAD FROM command. I've a datatable csv of the below format - --in file format xx,xx,xx ,xx , , , , ,,xx, xxxx,, ,, xxx,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select/delete some lines in shell?

I need to delete half(approx) the file or select half the file by existence of some character My file looks like 1 2 3 4 . . . 50 . . 100I need to select only 50 to rest of the file or needs to delete the file upto 50. Please help me out.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines above a certin line number in bash shell

Hi, I have written a script that returns the line number of the pattern i want and i stored the line number in a variable(getlinenumber).Now i want to delete all the lines in a file above this line number which is stored in a variable. i am using sed '1,$getlinenumberd' > file1.txt which is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge Expect script inside shell script?

Hi I have two scripts one is Expect and other is shell. I want to merge Expect code in to Shell script so that i can run it using only one script. Can somebody help me out ? Order to execute: Run Expect_install.sh first and then when installation completes run runTests.sh shell script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_neekhra
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash/shell merge similar lines

Hello, I've been working on a bash script to parse through firewall logs (cisco). I'm nearing the end and have a dilemma. My data looks as such (actual data is several gigs worth of logs - without the headers): sourceIP destinationIP destinationProtocol destinationPort 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
mouse_waitforupdate(3)						Svgalib User Manual					    mouse_waitforupdate(3)

NAME
mouse_waitforupdate - wait for an mouse update SYNOPSIS
#include <vgamouse.h> void mouse_waitforupdate(void); DESCRIPTION
This reads in mouse events from the mouse buffer and updates the internal svgalib variables which store the current mouse position and but- ton states. If there are no events the function does not return until one occurs. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), eventtest(6), mouse_close(3), mouse_init(3), mouse_getposition_6d(3), mouse_setposition(3), mouse_setscale(3), mouse_setwrap(3), mouse_setxrange(3), mouse_getx(3), mouse_waitforupdate(3), vga_setmousesupport(3), mouse_seteven- thandler(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 mouse_waitforupdate(3)