Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers SCO OpenServer 5 Will Not Boot Post 303026622 by jgt on Friday 30th of November 2018 01:59:07 PM
Old 11-30-2018
Presumably the motherboard has 4 sata ports. in iDE mode they correspond to primary master 000, primary slave 001, secondary master 010, and secondary slave 011.

You probably only have to move the cdrom sata cable to the correct port, based on how it was configured in the previous system.
the configuration is stored in the text file /etc/conf/cf.d/mscsi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot failure SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer

hello guys. I just installed SCO 5.0.6 OpenServer it went all the way to the end of the installation and the first boot try it gave me this message. not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

5. SCO

Ethereal for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7???

Which version of Ethereal can I use for SCO OpenServer 5.0.7??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean2
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

9. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

10. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies
Tk_MaintainGeometry(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_MaintainGeometry(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MaintainGeometry, Tk_UnmaintainGeometry - maintain geometry of one window relative to another SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MaintainGeometry(slave, master, x, y, width, height) Tk_UnmaintainGeometry(slave, master) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window slave (in) Window whose geometry is to be controlled. Tk_Window master (in) Window relative to which slave's geometry will be controlled. int x (in) Desired x-coordinate of slave in master, measured in pixels from the inside of master's left border to the outside of slave's left border. int y (in) Desired y-coordinate of slave in master, measured in pixels from the inside of master's top border to the outside of slave's top border. int width (in) Desired width for slave, in pixels. int height (in) Desired height for slave, in pixels. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_MaintainGeometry and Tk_UnmaintainGeometry make it easier for geometry managers to deal with slaves whose masters are not their parents. Three problems arise if the master for a slave is not its parent: [1] The x- and y-position of the slave must be translated from the coordinate system of the master to that of the parent before posi- tioning the slave. [2] If the master window, or any of its ancestors up to the slave's parent, is moved, then the slave must be repositioned within its parent in order to maintain the correct position relative to the master. [3] If the master or one of its ancestors is mapped or unmapped, then the slave must be mapped or unmapped to correspond. None of these problems is an issue if the parent and master are the same. For example, if the master or one of its ancestors is unmapped, the slave is automatically removed by the screen by X. Tk_MaintainGeometry deals with these problems for slaves whose masters are not their parents, as well as handling the simpler case of slaves whose masters are their parents. Tk_MaintainGeometry is typically called by a window manager once it has decided where a slave should be positioned relative to its master. Tk_MaintainGeometry translates the coordinates to the coordinate system of slave's parent and then moves and resizes the slave appropriately. Furthermore, it remembers the desired position and creates event handlers to monitor the master and all of its ancestors up to (but not including) the slave's parent. If any of these windows is moved, mapped, or unmapped, the slave will be adjusted so that it is mapped only when the master is mapped and its geometry relative to the master remains as specified by x, y, width, and height. When a window manager relinquishes control over a window, or if it decides that it does not want the window to appear on the screen under any conditions, it calls Tk_UnmaintainGeometry. Tk_UnmaintainGeometry unmaps the window and cancels any previous calls to Tk_MaintainGeom- etry for the master-slave pair, so that the slave's geometry and mapped state are no longer maintained automatically. Tk_UnmaintainGeome- try need not be called by a geometry manager if the slave, the master, or any of the master's ancestors is destroyed: Tk will call it automatically. If Tk_MaintainGeometry is called repeatedly for the same master-slave pair, the information from the most recent call supersedes any older information. If Tk_UnmaintainGeometry is called for a master-slave pair that is is not currently managed, the call has no effect. KEYWORDS
geometry manager, map, master, parent, position, slave, unmap Tk 4.0 Tk_MaintainGeometry(3)