Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to release port on AIX?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to release port on AIX? Post 303026563 by bakunin on Thursday 29th of November 2018 01:14:17 PM
Old 11-29-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcipamo
I have a problem with an application that does not start. An error appears in which it indicates that the port 7002, 7003 is being used.
I can only emphasize what Corona688 already said: a port cannot be "released" - at least not from the system. Find out which application it uses and stop this application and/or reconfigure it to use another port. That is all one can do.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Release a port

Hi all, Its a gr8 pleasure being a member of this forum. Could anyone help me out re: How u release a port in Unix. Thanks in advance..! aces4u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aces4u
2 Replies

2. AIX

Command to release a port in AIX

Hi All, I wanna know the command to release a particualr port in AIX machine without rebooting it. # netstat -a | grep 7100 tcp4 0 0 loopback.7100 *.* LISTEN # In the above example, how to release the port 7100 Thanks in advance. -Hemanshu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanshupatira
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pid from port number in AIX

Hello guys, How to shut down a port number in AIX. May be first I need to find out what is the process ID of that process that listens to this particular port.. Is there any command to find a process ID from the port number other than "lsof". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

release a port

I'm trying to release a port 7601 I do a netstat -an which is returns *.7601 *.* 0 0 49152 0 LISTEN I assume 49152 is the process running the port. Is this correct? If so, how would I safely terminate the process? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

6. AIX

Serial port in AIX

Hi, How can i configure my modem in AIX thru serial port (sa0-->tty0) I have two port serial card configured as sa0 I created tty1 which port is tty0 and which port is tty1 how can i know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

7. AIX

Who's using my port in AIX

Hello Gurus, I was trying to find who's using my port and got below answer from a IBM website. But the problem with the below answer is I need a root to run the rmsock, is there any other alternative to find out who is using my port with out a root access?? 1. netstat -Aan | grep <port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to find what process is using a port in AIX 5L and above.

There have been a lot of threads about how to find processes that are using a specific port on an AIX server. After long hours of research and reading countless "you can't do that" responses, I finally found the answer. YES IT CAN BE DONE! YES ITS EASY. NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE GETS THIS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with AIX port limit

Hi guys, I have a problem need to solve urgently, please help me, any suggestion will be great. When my workmates installed a control-m agent in an AIX 6.1 OS, they got an error below: Port exceeded maximum allowed value. No available port found in the specified range up to 65535. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucas_0418
2 Replies
iscc(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   iscc(7)

NAME
iscc - serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller iscc0 at isa0 DESCRIPTION
An onboard Zilog 8530 DUART provides AXPvme-based Single Board Computers with console (CON) and auxiliary (AUX) serial communications ports. Both serial communications ports can operate at baud rates from B50 to B38400, excluding B134 (see tty(7)). On AXPvme Single Board Computers configured with a graphics head as the system console, the CON serial communications port (/dev/tty01) is available for use by application programs as an additional communications port. In the absence of a graphics head, the CON serial communications port (/dev/console) becomes the system console. When used as the serial system console, the CON serial communications port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, and no parity. Regardless of system console, the AUX serial communications port (/dev/tty00) is always available for use by application programs. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the CON serial communications port must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity when configured as the serial system console. The iscc terminal driver enforces this restriction. No modem control is supported for either the CON or AUX serial communications ports. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off iscc(7)