Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Revive RAID 0 Array From Buffalo Duo NAS Post 303026455 by gull04 on Wednesday 28th of November 2018 06:06:33 AM
Old 11-28-2018
Hi,

Hicksd8 is partially right, from what I see there are three raid 1 one partitions (md124, md125 and md126) there is also a raid 0 stripe (md127 comprising sda6 and sdb6) are you sure these disks are being addressed in the right order?

Regards

Gull04

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Percent complete error while scanning RAID array during 5.0.6 load

Percent complete SCO 5.0.6 / No longer an issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrys
0 Replies

2. AIX

RAID level of array = false?

I created a RAID 5 array and when I list out the attributes of the "hdisk" it reports back raid_level = 5 but the RAID level of the array = false. What does this actually indicate about my array? I've never paid much attention to this until now since I have a disk reporting failure I want to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370

Hi guys, i must install an old old old ml370 server... I must create a RAID 5 with my 4 SCSI disk. I need a SmartStart disk for create it or a Floppy Disk called "Array configuration Tool". I don't find it on the hp website...:mad::mad::mad: Anyone have it?? Thanks in advance. Zio (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

4. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Loading a RAID array after OS crash

One of my very old drive farm servers had an OS fault and can't boot now but I'd like to restore some files from it. I tried booting Ubuntu from a CD, but it couldn't see the drives -- possibly because they're RAIDed together. Is there a good way to get at my files? The data in question is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

missing raid array after reboot

Dear all , i ve configured raid 0 in redhat machine(VM ware), by following steps: #mdadm -C /dev/md0 -l 0 -n 2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 #mkfs.ext3 /dev/md0 #mdadm --detail --scan --config=mdadm.conf >/etc/mdadm.conf then mounted the/dev/md0 device and also added a entry in fstab. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniv666
2 Replies

7. Debian

Best RAID settings for Debian Server? Help!! (1+0 or 5 or NAS)

I am installing a Debian Server on a: HP Proliant DL380 G4 Dual CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) I will be using this server to capture VHS video, encode, compress, cut, edit, make DVD's, rip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Revive Ad Server MySQL Injection Attack

No rest for the weary, a Revive Ad Server I am responsible for experienced a MySQL injection attack due to a vulnerability uncovered in the past few months. I was busy developing Vue.js code for the forums and thought to myself "I will get around to upgrading to Revive 4.2.0 (supposedly the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PARTED(8)							 GNU Parted Manual							 PARTED(8)

NAME
GNU Parted - a partition manipulation program SYNOPSIS
parted [options] [device [command [options...]...]] DESCRIPTION
parted is a program to manipulate disk partitions. It supports multiple partition table formats, including MS-DOS and GPT. It is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks. This manual page documents parted briefly. Complete documentation is distributed with the package in GNU Info format. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message -l, --list lists partition layout on all block devices -m, --machine displays machine parseable output -s, --script never prompts for user intervention -v, --version displays the version -a alignment-type, --align alignment-type Set alignment for newly created partitions, valid alignment types are: none Use the minimum alignment allowed by the disk type. cylinder Align partitions to cylinders. minimal Use minimum alignment as given by the disk topology information. This and the opt value will use layout information provided by the disk to align the logical partition table addresses to actual physical blocks on the disks. The min value is the min- imum alignment needed to align the partition properly to physical blocks, which avoids performance degradation. optimal Use optimum alignment as given by the disk topology information. This aligns to a multiple of the physical block size in a way that guarantees optimal performance. COMMANDS
[device] The block device to be used. When none is given, parted will use the first block device it finds. [command [options]] Specifies the command to be executed. If no command is given, parted will present a command prompt. Possible commands are: help [command] Print general help, or help on command if specified. align-check type partition Check if partition satisfies the alignment constraint of type. type must be "minimal" or "optimal". mklabel label-type Create a new disklabel (partition table) of label-type. label-type should be one of "aix", "amiga", "bsd", "dvh", "gpt", "loop", "mac", "msdos", "pc98", or "sun". mkpart part-type [fs-type] start end Make a part-type partition for filesystem fs-type (if specified), beginning at start and ending at end (by default in megabytes). part-type should be one of "primary", "logical", or "extended". name partition name Set the name of partition to name. This option works only on Mac, PC98, and GPT disklabels. The name can be placed in quotes, if necessary. print Display the partition table. quit Exit from parted. rescue start end Rescue a lost partition that was located somewhere between start and end. If a partition is found, parted will ask if you want to create an entry for it in the partition table. rm partition Delete partition. select device Choose device as the current device to edit. device should usually be a Linux hard disk device, but it can be a partition, software raid device, or an LVM logical volume if necessary. set partition flag state Change the state of the flag on partition to state. Supported flags are: "boot", "root", "swap", "hidden", "raid", "lvm", "lba", "legacy_boot" and "palo". state should be either "on" or "off". unit unit Set unit as the unit to use when displaying locations and sizes, and for interpreting those given by the user when not suf- fixed with an explicit unit. unit can be one of "s" (sectors), "B" (bytes), "kB", "MB", "MiB", "GB", "GiB", "TB", "TiB", "%" (percentage of device size), "cyl" (cylinders), "chs" (cylinders, heads, sectors), or "compact" (megabytes for input, and a human-friendly form for output). toggle partition flag Toggle the state of flag on partition. version Display version information and a copyright message. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-parted@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), The parted program is fully documented in the info(1) format GNU partitioning software manual. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Timshel Knoll <timshel@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). parted 2007 March 29 PARTED(8)