Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx Email Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx Email Issue Post 303026431 by Corona688 on Tuesday 27th of November 2018 03:39:38 PM
Old 11-27-2018
That might be sendmail, maybe... which doesn't provide mailx. So I'm not sure which third-party mailx you have.

The sendmail utility should work also:

Code:
sendmail "${TO}" <<EOF
To:  ${TO}
Subject:  ${SUBJECT}

${EMAIL_TEXT}
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Return Email Command

Hi, I'm trying to use the Mailx Return Email Command with a file attachment. If I use the file attachment by itself, it works ok. But If I add the return email command, it won't attach the file to email. Subject, return_email_address Send_email_address, Body, attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lisa0703
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retract email in mailx

Does anyone know if it is possible to retract email sent by mailx? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email through mailx

Hi, I am trying to send html email using mailx like follow on sh shell (Bourne) on HP-UX: mailx -s "Test HTML output in outlook MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html" receiver@host.com < file.txt Content of file.txt are as follows: <html> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue; email address starting with #

Hello All, I have a requirement to generate report and send them to a distribution list. The problem I am facing is when sending out the email using mailx. The email address (DL) we have is starting with # and because of this it's not recognising the email and throwing the below error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
2 Replies
MAILSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSTATS(8)

NAME
mailstats - display mail statistics SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-c] [-o] [-p] [-P] [-C cffile] [-f stfile] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility displays the current mail statistics. First, the time at which statistics started being kept is displayed, in the format specified by ctime(3). Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following white space separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected. msgsdis Number of messages discarded. msgsqur Number of messages quarantined. Mailer The name of the mailer. After this display, a line totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed (preceded with a ``T''), separated from the previous information by a line containing only equals (``='') characters. Another line preceded with a ``C'' lists the number of TCP connections. The options are as follows: -C Read the specified file instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -f Read the specified statistics file instead of the statistics file specified in the sendmail configuration file. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -o Don't display the name of the mailer in the output. The mailstats utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf The default sendmail configuration file. /var/log/mail/statistics The default sendmail statistics file. SEE ALSO
mailq(1), sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/06/27 22:47:29 $ MAILSTATS(8)