Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx Email Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx Email Issue Post 303026430 by yuvi on Tuesday 27th of November 2018 03:01:05 PM
Old 11-27-2018
I see something as below related to mail. Does this information enough?

smmsp 5448 0.0 0.0 23528 672 ? Ss Nov25 0:00 sendmail: Queue runner@01:00:00 for /var/spool/clientmqueue

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Return Email Command

Hi, I'm trying to use the Mailx Return Email Command with a file attachment. If I use the file attachment by itself, it works ok. But If I add the return email command, it won't attach the file to email. Subject, return_email_address Send_email_address, Body, attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lisa0703
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retract email in mailx

Does anyone know if it is possible to retract email sent by mailx? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email through mailx

Hi, I am trying to send html email using mailx like follow on sh shell (Bourne) on HP-UX: mailx -s "Test HTML output in outlook MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html" receiver@host.com < file.txt Content of file.txt are as follows: <html> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue; email address starting with #

Hello All, I have a requirement to generate report and send them to a distribution list. The problem I am facing is when sending out the email using mailx. The email address (DL) we have is starting with # and because of this it's not recognising the email and throwing the below error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
2 Replies
Paranoid::Log::Email(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Paranoid::Log::Email(3pm)

NAME
Paranoid::Log::Email - Log Facility Email VERSION
$Id: Email.pm,v 0.82 2010/04/15 23:23:28 acorliss Exp $ SYNOPSIS
use Paranoid::Log; enableFacility('crit-alert', 'email', 'debug', '+', $mailhost, $recipient); enableFacility('crit-alert', 'email', 'debug', '+', $mailhost, [ @recipients ]); enableFacility('crit-alert', 'email', 'debug', '+', $mailhost, $recipient, $sender, $subject); DESCRIPTION
This module implements an e-mail transport for messages sent to the logger. It supports one or more recipients as well as overriding the sender address and subject line. It also supports connecting to a remote mail server. DEPENDENCIES
o Net::SMTP o Net::Domain o Paranoid::Debug SUBROUTINES
/METHODS NOTE: Given that this module is not intended to be used directly nothing is exported. init log remove dump SEE ALSO
o Paranoid::Log BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No validation of any information, be it the mail server, recipient, or anything else is done until a message actually needs to be sent. Because of this you may have no warning of any misconfigurations just by enabling the facility. AUTHOR
Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This software is licensed under the same terms as Perl, itself. Please see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. (c) 2005, Arthur Corliss (corliss@digitalmages.com) perl v5.14.2 2010-04-15 Paranoid::Log::Email(3pm)