Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx Email Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx Email Issue Post 303026420 by yuvi on Tuesday 27th of November 2018 12:59:09 PM
Old 11-27-2018
Mailx Email Issue

Hello,

I am facing an issue with email in Linux. I am using mailx command to send email.
When I give invalid domain address then it is taking both sender and recipient as sender email and trying to send email.
Below is my command

Code:
echo -e "${EMAIL_TEXT}" | mailx -v -s "${SUBJECT}" -r "${FROM}"  "${TO}" >$EMAIL_RESP

here FROM=testuser@gmail.com
TO=123415@atxtxde.cosdlfmsdogfsdkfc..ocmd

Below is the response

Code:
123415@atxtxde.cosdlfmsdogfsdkfc..ocmd... Invalid host name

220 xxxx ESMTP AT&T sendmail 8.14.5/8.14.5; Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:25:55 -0800
>>> EHLO xxxxx
250- xxxx localhost.localdomain xxxx, pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 16000000
250-DSN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
>>> MAIL From:<> SIZE=1467
250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<testUser@gmail.com>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <testuser@gmail.com>... Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 wARHPtoW011748 Message accepted for delivery
testuser@gmail.com... Sent (wARHPtoW011748 Message accepted for delivery)
Closing connection to ..
>>> QUIT

Can anyone please help?

Last edited by Scott; 11-27-2018 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Please use CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending email from mailx

hi can i know how to use mailx to send email to my lotus email account? i wan to send a file in a directory as an attachment and then email to lotus. can show me the command line to do it? thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: legato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Return Email Command

Hi, I'm trying to use the Mailx Return Email Command with a file attachment. If I use the file attachment by itself, it works ok. But If I add the return email command, it won't attach the file to email. Subject, return_email_address Send_email_address, Body, attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lisa0703
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retract email in mailx

Does anyone know if it is possible to retract email sent by mailx? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email through mailx

Hi, I am trying to send html email using mailx like follow on sh shell (Bourne) on HP-UX: mailx -s "Test HTML output in outlook MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html" receiver@host.com < file.txt Content of file.txt are as follows: <html> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue; email address starting with #

Hello All, I have a requirement to generate report and send them to a distribution list. The problem I am facing is when sending out the email using mailx. The email address (DL) we have is starting with # and because of this it's not recognising the email and throwing the below error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
2 Replies
Mail::Verify(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mail::Verify(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Verify - Utility to verify an email address SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Verify; DESCRIPTION
"Mail::Verify" provides a function CheckAddress function for verifying email addresses. First the syntax of the email address is checked, then it verifies that there is at least one valid MX server accepting email for the domain. Using Net::DNS and IO::Socket a list of MX records (or, falling back on a hosts A record) are checked to make sure at least one SMTP server is accepting connections. ERRORS
Here are a list of return codes and what they mean: 0 The email address appears to be valid. 1 No email address was supplied. 2 There is a syntaxical error in the email address. 3 There are no DNS entries for the host in question (no MX records or A records). 4 There are no live SMTP servers accepting connections for this email address. EXAMPLES
This example shows obtaining an email address from a form field and verifying it. use CGI qw/:standard/; use Mail::Verify; my $q = new CGI; [...] my $email = $q->param("emailaddr"); my $email_ck = Mail::Verify::CheckAddress( $email ); if( $email_ck ) { print '<h1>Form input error: Invalid email address.</h1>'; } [...] perl v5.8.8 2002-06-09 Mail::Verify(3pm)