Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use the get and post method in the bash ( multi process)? Post 303026361 by Corona688 on Monday 26th of November 2018 10:18:57 AM
Old 11-26-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnn
it is required to send requests through the post method to api
So it is a website, then.

Local or not?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

message queues and multi-process

Hi, Am supposed to use message queues to send and receive messages between the processes. when i was working on that i realised that the message qid and the message queue related data should be maintained in a shared memory so that it can be accessed by all the processes. Could anybody refer... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
10 Replies

2. Programming

Redirect Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); printf("Hello \n");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
3 Replies

3. Programming

Redirect Standard Output Multi-Process

Hi, I'm trying to compile the following code: /************** Begin <test.c> ***************/ /* * Compiled with: gcc -Wall -o test test.c */ #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> int main(void) { printf("I'm process %d, son of %d \n", getpid(), getppid()); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djodjo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

starting a bash session as child process to another bash session from a process

Hi I want to do something that might sound strange. I have a code that in written in C and is executed at startup (it's a custom process). It occasionally calls some bash scripts. The process doesn't have any terminal associated with it. One thing I don't know how to do is to start a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
5 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

What is it about OpenMosix that supports multi-process applications?

I read that 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Are there other load-balancing clusters that do support multi-process applications? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for multi-threaded bash processes

hey everyone, I'm having some trouble breaking down some code. It's simple a control script that takes machines meant to be backed up from a list. Then according to that will run multi-threaded processes up until the specified thread limit. for example if there are 4 machines to be backed up,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrell
2 Replies

8. Programming

Multi process programming in C

So I am trying to learn C and am coding some scripts on my own. For a start I have decided to port the shell script developed by wisecracker into C.( Here is the link to that script A simple reminder script for beginners to shell scripting. | Unix Linux Forums | OS X (Apple) ) This is what I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in bash

Hi, I'm developing a script which contains a multi dimensional array, however for some reason the array is not iterating. When executing the script, services are listed as arguments from argument 2. Ex voice data sms. service=${@:2}; for services in $service do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)