Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To have a mail in tabular format Post 303026345 by wims on Sunday 25th of November 2018 11:26:32 AM
Old 11-25-2018
Thanks Rudie , let me try and get back to you on the same if any problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying the output in the tabular Format

Hi, I have a file which contains the data in the below format and need to develop a script which will give the output in the tabular format. Could you please advice me. Folder: Workflow: version . Workflow run status: Workflow run error code: Schedule time: Workflow run type: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output in the tabular format

Hi I want to display the following input data into the tabular format as shown in the output. Input.txt: Following jobs are in pending state for more than 10 minutes: JOB_ID JOB_SUBMIT_ID MAHAR 784308 PUNJA 109367 Following jobs are running for longer time: JOB_ID... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dats
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to export Result to Excel Tabular format from UNIX?

Hi I am working on a script in which I am firing a query on database through Unix and getting the result set. I want to export that in an excel file. I am able to do so nut the result are exported horizontally one below the other. Can anyone plss help me out in exporting the Result in Tabular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saritau3
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data in tabular format from multiple files

Hi, I have directory with multiple files from which i need to extract portion of specif lines and insert it in a new file, the new file will contain a separate columns for each file data. Example: I need to extract Value_1 & Value_3 from all files and insert in output file as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: belalr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert data to a tabular format

How can i convert the below data to a simpler format :- cat tabular.txt User 1 Details :- First Name = Tom Middle Name = Last Name = Hanks Age = 40 Address = User 2 details :- First Name = Mike Middle Name = Last Name = Tyson Age = 50 Address = (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command output in tabular format

I have a grep command script which works fine and give the correct results but i wanted the output to be displayed in tabular format ? Is it possible to display the output in tabular format and as well direct them to some file. main script : #!/usr/bin/bash Start_Time=`date '+%m%d%y... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing query results in tabular format

Hi , I am purging two tables based on date. In my script I am taking the count of the tables purging them and then taking the after counts. I need to mail the before and after counts of the two tables in a mail in table format as mentioned in the result section. For Eg: ## Count of the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: CFA
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text file to HTML tabular format.

Please provide script/commands to convert text file to HTML tabular format. No need of styles and colours, just output and a heading in table is required. Output file will be send via email and will be seen from outlook. (script required without using awk). output file content: (sar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a blank line in between two O/Ps in tabular format which gets received over email

Hi Guys, I am stuck in between and seeking help here. Requirement: A script that will run every morning which will connect to Mysql database and run the query to inform us about the holidays (it will also check if there were any holidays during last 2 business days). So the three queries are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
The shar command writes a sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line op- erands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). The shar command is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) HISTORY
The shar command appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
The shar command makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. The shar command cannot handle files without a newline (' ') as the last character. It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD