Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To trigger script on particular instance Post 303026275 by RudiC on Friday 23rd of November 2018 07:07:28 AM
Old 11-23-2018
If you use a while loop instead of the for, you could read the proposed changed config file into different variables and act upon those:
Code:
wd=$(date +%u) 
while IFS="=" read ACTION DAYS
  do  if [[ "$DAYS" =~ $wd ]]

then echo "$ACTION"
      fi
  done < test.config

You could also modify the crontab settings if the config file is not too long...
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script call from a DB trigger

Has anybody been able to execute a shell script call from a database trigger? If so what are the steps to execute it? Do we have any specific packages in Oracle? Reards, Rahul. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if trigger Script is running

HI, I have a script which will be running all the time...it is like a trigger.. wakesup every 10 minutes(trigger.sh) executes, and I want to write another script which monitors this script every one hour and if it finds that trigger script is not running it should start it and exit...and here... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Shell Script from Current Script

Hello all, I'm new to shell programming and need some help. I would like to set up a step within a shell script to trigger another shell script to run, based on the highest return code generated in the current script. For example, if the highes return code value in the current script is less... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmignot
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can we trigger an shell script on an event

Hi, My program A updates a log called logA. I have a shell script S that is responsible to send emails reading from the log. I want to trigger execution of the script whenever there is an update to the log. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger a script by consequtive scripts in crontab

Hello Friends, I've been searching solutions for an exceptional backup case recently, I need someone to guide me, suggest a method pls. In a production system we have backup scripts, they are run by cron one after another, and monthly. There is 1 hour difference between each consecutive script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script from plsql trigger

Hi, I have been assigned a job which requires me to send mails from unix(Mailx) upon on certain actions triggered in the database. On insert/update of a certain field into one of the database tables the shell script present in Unix box responsible to send mail though mailx needs to be triggered... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemant.bs11
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script trigger using http interface

Hi I have created a shell program, which takes a series of parameters as shown in the below code. Its working good from terminal. My program restorejob.sh -g <NAME> -p <Path-to-search> -r <Path-to-restore> Its working fine from bash shell. I want to extend this functionality like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic script trigger

Hi, I'm looking for a way to solve the following scenario: A shell should automatically trigger / run when a text file is placed or present at a specific location. My idea - to create a cron / anacron for every minute and inside that i will call a temp script. Temp script will move to my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger the execution of a script on SFTP Disconnect

Hi Guys, I suspect what I'm trying to do isn't possible, but I'm hoping someone can either confirm this or point me in the right direction. We have a third-party application which transfers a collection of files to our SFTP server ( Ubuntu 12.04 with OpenSSH ) . Once the app disconnects, we... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesdrinkwater
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger script based on condition

Hi Guys, I am having below code which runs based on condition, Is it possible to check condition at the time of trigger code=$1 if ;then nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & fi I need to trigger if the $code = JP then only to trigger nohup sh script.sh $val 1 & My try but wanted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
4 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)