Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Average result of text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Average result of text file Post 303026253 by Corona688 on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 10:40:21 AM
Old 11-22-2018
Code:
awk '
# Code inside { } braces without other qualifiers is run once per line
{ 
        # Add the current line, $0, to the total in s.  The +0 guarantees its treated as a number, not a string.
        s+=$0+0
        # Store the current record (line) count inside the fnr variable.  FNR is a special variable meaning file record number.
        fnr=FNR
}
# This code runs once, after myFile has been processed.
END {
        # Print the sum, divided by the number of records, to two decimal places
        printf("%.2f\n", s/fnr)
}' myFile

Last edited by Corona688; 02-05-2019 at 03:27 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting formatted Result log file from old 30000 lines result log<help required>

Well I have a 3000 lines result log file that contains all the machine data when it does the testing... It has 3 different section that i am intrsted in 1) starting with "20071126 11:11:11 Machine Header 1" 1000 lines... "End machine header 1" 2) starting with "20071126 12:12:12 Machine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.iet
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract numbers from text file work out average

Just wondering if someone could assist me with shell script I'm trying to write. I need to read the final column of a text file (shown below) and workout what the average number is. The text file will have a variable number of lines, I just want the script to pull out the values in the final field... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Result to a Text File

Hi; I am scripting in Shell and i want to write output (on screen) to a text file? ... | tee gcsw/output.txt doesnot work? :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text in Result File Name

Hi Below command is returning the list of files which having this string "MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS". find . -name "*"|xargs grep -il MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS Ex: Above command is returing 2 files (Out of 10 files 2 files having this string). ./file1.txt and ./file2.txt Here I want to append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Computing average values from multiple text files

Hi, first, I have searched in the forum for this, but I could not find the right answer. (There were some similar threads, but I was not sure how to adapt the ideas.) Anyway, I have a quite natural problem: Given are several text files. All files contain the same number of lines and the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbredereck
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Calculate average for rows in a text file

Dear Gurus, I have tab-delimited text files with matrix containing values. The first column is a identifier and other columns have the corresponding values. I would like to calculate the average value (total number/number of entries) for all entries from 2nd column to the last column in row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)					       MySQL Database System						  MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)

NAME
mysqldumpslow - Summarize slow query log files SYNOPSIS
mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] DESCRIPTION
The MySQL slow query log contains information about queries that take a long time to execute (see Section 5.2.5, "The Slow Query Log"). mysqldumpslow parses MySQL slow query log files and prints a summary of their contents. Normally, mysqldumpslow groups queries that are similar except for the particular values of number and string data values. It "abstracts" these values to N and 'S' when displaying summary output. The -a and -n options can be used to modify value abstracting behavior. Invoke mysqldumpslow like this: shell> mysqldumpslow [options] [log_file ...] mysqldumpslow supports the following options. o --help Display a help message and exit. o -a Do not abstract all numbers to N and strings to 'S'. o --debug, -d Run in debug mode. o -g pattern Consider only queries that match the (grep-style) pattern. o -h host_name Host name of MySQL server for *-slow.log file name. The value can contain a wildcare. The default is * (match all). o -i name Name of server instance (if using mysql.server startup script). o -l Do not subtract lock time from total time. o -n N Abstract numbers with at least N digits within names. o -r Reverse the sort order. o -s sort_type How to sort the output. The value of sort_type should be chosen from the following list: o t, at: Sort by query time or average query time o l, al: Sort by lock time or average lock time o s, as: Sort by rows sent or average rows sent o c: Sort by count o -t N Display only the first N queries in the output. o --verbose, -v Verbose mode. Print more information about what the program does. Example of usage: shell> mysqldumpslow Reading mysql slow query log from /usr/local/mysql/data/mysqld51-apple-slow.log Count: 1 Time=4.32s (4s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 Count: 3 Time=2.53s (7s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t2 select * from t1 limit N Count: 3 Time=2.13s (6s) Lock=0.00s (0s) Rows=0.0 (0), root[root]@localhost insert into t1 select * from t1 COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQLDUMPSLOW(1)