Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating script with multiple job arrays Post 303026243 by idbemad on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 08:39:22 AM
Old 11-22-2018
Creating script with multiple job arrays

Hello everyone,

First of all this is my first post and im fairly new to working with Unix and creating scripts etc. so there will probably be wrong phrases used.

Lets get to my questions.

I have multiple scripts that submit Slurms/Jobs to the cluster starting like this and doing certain tasks:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#SBATCH --partition=
#SBATCH --ntasks=
#SBATCH --time=0-10:00
#SBATCH --mem-per-cpu=48G
#SBATCH --job-name=basic_test
#SBATCH --mail-type=END,FAIL
#SBATCH --mail-user=           
#SBATCH --array=1-14

I have to run multiple of those scripts AFTER all the Slurms from the preceeding job are finished. Now I want to write a script that does exactly that. I already tried something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

sbatch ~/testscript1.sh

wait

sbatch ~/testscript2.sh

the problem seems to be that the skript thinks that testscript1.sh is done as soon as it submitted all the slurms in the array to the server and then it starts testscript2.sh. This leads to problems because testscript2.sh works with some files that are only created when the submitted slurms from testscript1.sh are done.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-22-2018 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell: creating different arrays based on function argument

hi, I was wondering if there was a good way to create an array within a function, where the name is based on a passed argument? I tried this: _____________________________ func(){ #take in 1st arg as the arrayname arrayName=$1 let i=0 while read line do arrayName=${line} let i+=1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nix21
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an unknown number of arrays

I need to create arrays like this: cnt=0 { while read myline; do if ];then firstpass="${myline##<meas>}" meas="${firstpass%%</meas>}" tempmeas="${meas%%;*}" MEAS$cnt=$tempmeas print $cnt print ${MEAS'$cnt'} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining two arrays and then creating a variable

Hello all... I'd like to create a variable from an array element from two arrays. In my search for answers I found this code for bash that joins two arrays and then started to work with it. I had got to work once and then foolishly without saving the code, I started to edit it for ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos25
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple instances of the job in shell script.

Hi, Please let us know how to create a multiple instances of a job in the shell script. Thanks. Gangegowda K.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gangegowda
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating arrays using shell

Hi, I need help in creating a array in shell scirpt. I have a file which has following details. hostname devices device1 device 2 de abcdmhs10 1234 2343 2353 3343 3435 2343 bcdfmhs11 2343 2443 3434 8874 0343 3434 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating multiple sub-/directories using a shell script

0 Hi, I am looking for a way of creating multiple directories using the mkdir -p command in a shell script. I'm working with an Ubuntu machine and try to do something like that: #!/bin/sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frymor
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write bash script for creating user on multiple Linux hosts?

I wonder whether someone can help me with what I'm trying to achieve Basically, the objective is one script to create new user on more than 70 linux hosts if required. Everything works apart from the highlighted part. It gave me an output passwd: Unknown user name ''. when try to set... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugeulu
35 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put the multiple job on-hold using shell script?

Hi.. I need to put multiple jobs on ON HOLD in Autosys.. please help me on this. For Example: 1)ABCD_EFGH_IJKL 2)abcd_efgh_ijkl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maanjesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating multiple users with password

for UserName in `cat users` ; do useradd -d /u02 -s /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -G ftp-users $UserName ; PassWord=$( echo $( tr '' '' <<< ${UserName:0:1} )${UserName:1} ) ; echo "$PassWord@123" | passwd $UserName --stdin ; done can some one explain what the bold text do Please use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a script to download images from multiple cameras using ghoto2

I should start by saying that I am totally new to linux... I am trying to create a script that downloads images from multiple cameras into a specific folder on my machine. Ideally renaming the images as they are downloaded. I have installed gphoto2 which as a command line interface that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benpems
0 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)