Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Troubleshooting init.d script Post 303026238 by Neo on Thursday 22nd of November 2018 06:30:05 AM
Old 11-22-2018
Did you set the user and group of the script to root?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Troubleshooting Script

I am fairly new to Unix (Sun OS) scripting with Ksh, and I could use a little help troubleshooting my script. When I run it, I get the error "if unexpected" on the function setYear. If I comment out the setYear function, I get the error "for unexpected" on the function sendEmails. This leads me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a function in Shell script troubleshooting

Some Code After Some code part is executed the control doesnt go to rvin_doxx_scrt.. and the script exits rvin_doxx_scrt() { Some Code } if (som code) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to get $PWD value from script in /etc/init.d

Hi ppl hope to have your advice, i am run out of idea... I have 3 scripts: a.sh, b.sh, and c.sh a.sh resided in /etc/init.d b.sh and c.sh /opt/xSystem I intend to start my system with "service" command which will trigger my a.sh service a.sh start then. a.sh will trigger... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init.d script stdout location

I'm looking into a Solaris(S10) startup problem, with a script configured to run in /etc/rc3.d. It's written to output trace information to a logfile using tee, but the file itself is clearly not being updated. Is there a default stdout/stderr location for startup scripts where the other branch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

INIT Script Getting Executed Twice?

Hello All, I copied and pasted the "/etc/init.d/skeleton" file to a new one so I could create my own init script for a program. Basically the ONLY edit I made to the skeleton "template" so far was to search and replace "FOO" with "snort". *NOTE: I know there are a bunch of snort init scripts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start up init d script

Hi All, I'm trying to build a start up script, wud be gr8 if any one can explain what the below field means and how can i check it for my script. DAEMON_PATH="/home/wes/Development/projects/myapp" DAEMON=myapp DAEMONOPTS="-my opts" NAME=myapp DESC="My daemon description"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
4 Replies
PAM_WHEEL(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_WHEEL(8)

NAME
pam_wheel - Only permit root access to members of group wheel SYNOPSIS
pam_wheel.so [debug] [deny] [group=name] [root_only] [trust] [use_uid] DESCRIPTION
The pam_wheel PAM module is used to enforce the so-called wheel group. By default it permits root access to the system if the applicant user is a member of the wheel group. If no group with this name exist, the module is using the group with the group-ID 0. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. deny Reverse the sense of the auth operation: if the user is trying to get UID 0 access and is a member of the wheel group (or the group of the group option), deny access. Conversely, if the user is not in the group, return PAM_IGNORE (unless trust was also specified, in which case we return PAM_SUCCESS). group=name Instead of checking the wheel or GID 0 groups, use the name group to perform the authentication. root_only The check for wheel membership is done only. trust The pam_wheel module will return PAM_SUCCESS instead of PAM_IGNORE if the user is a member of the wheel group (thus with a little play stacking the modules the wheel members may be able to su to root without being prompted for a passwd). use_uid The check for wheel membership will be done against the current uid instead of the original one (useful when jumping with su from one account to another for example). MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and account module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_AUTH_ERR Authentication failure. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The return value should be ignored by PAM dispatch. PAM_PERM_DENY Permission denied. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Cannot determine the user name. PAM_SUCCESS Success. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
The root account gains access by default (rootok), only wheel members can become root (wheel) but Unix authenticate non-root applicants. su auth sufficient pam_rootok.so su auth required pam_wheel.so su auth required pam_unix.so SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_wheel was written by Cristian Gafton <gafton@redhat.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_WHEEL(8)