Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Reviving a NETRA240 Pls? Post 303026201 by ozsavran on Wednesday 21st of November 2018 04:44:01 PM
Old 11-21-2018
Wow! Thanks for such a speedy, comprehensive and very kind reply Mr. Hicks! I will try the new method, and get back to you. I do thank Mr. Corona as well for connecting my message to you. My sincere respects to you both for all your hard work, experience, and having the heart to share it all... This really is wonderful.
This User Gave Thanks to ozsavran For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

pls help me

we hv a big enviroment networked. we use squid proxy. access allowed by src address previously. we have win2000 network with ads. my requirement is the proxy should allow domain users only for access. how can i map my windows userdatabase with squid is there any thing specific which has 2 b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help pls

Hi, I'm a newbie. I need help on my first assignment in UNIX. 1. How do I determine the number of non-empty directories? I was told to create a variable ARCHIVE, which points to the directory that contains the archive of the messages. But I'm so dumb and I don't even know how to do this. 2. In... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hygsg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls Help

Hi every one I have got very very bad Email, My question is: How can I get all information about that f*** Email, I do mean IP,reall name, Adress, user name, password etc... I wonder if there is any program or website that I can see that email, help me please When I used windows Xp(old... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cano
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help pls!

Hi... Why should I press F1 to start windows?! I have Xp in my computer... thx 4 help Cano (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cano
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

I have a list of variables: ss1, ss5, ss6, ss8, st2 etc. (these values are not fixed, configurable). Now, I have assigned ss5=”test”. And I want to search in the list for the string “test” to know which variable is having the value “test”. Can u pls tell me how to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanchan_cp
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help

Hi, I need your help guys. I have two data files, namely 101.amberized.pdb & 101.pdb . Now I want to replace the whole 3rd column of 101.amberized.pdb with the 3rd column of 101.pdb file. How do I do it in shell? Thanks in advance Parimal (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuchu
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Pls do help me

When i run this command, everything is ok. The file can be email and attached but soon after i download the file, the file cant be read. It's seem corrupted. Totally cant be read although i'm using context or wordfile. Original file generated at ek_bkup/alert/tbspace_datafile.log is OK..... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP PLs

I have this code: #!/bin/sh awk 'BEGIN NR == 2 repl = "PHI" $4 = repl print $0 'dryloop.txt and this code: #!/bin/sh sed -e '1s/\|$/\|COMID\|/g' -e 's/^087.*$/&PHI\|g' hl.dsldryloop > textdry.txt My code won't work. I want to change the COMID of lines starting with 087 . this is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkhei
15 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help pls

How to find the ten most common words in a file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jass
1 Replies

10. Solaris

NETRA240 in HLR CDMA Wireless Exchange... help is apreciated

Greetings, I hope my post finds you all OK, I have a Netra240 server in an HLR inside a wireless CDMA Exchange, it works as a Hard Disk Unit (HDU) as shown in Local Management Terminal (LMT) as show in the picture 1 attached. The power went down because of a power failure in main UPS, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharista
2 Replies
SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)														SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)

NAME
speedy_backend - the backend process for a persistent Perl interpreter SYNOPSIS
none ; this program is not meant to be called directly. DESCRIPTION
speedy, short for SpeedyCGI, is a way to run perl scripts persistently, which can make them run much more quickly. After the script is initially run, instead of exiting, the perl interpreter is kept running inside a backend process, speedy_backend. Dur- ing subsequent runs, this interpreter is used to handle new executions instead of starting a new perl interpreter each time. A very fast frontend program, speedy, written in C, is executed for each request. This fast frontend then contacts the persistent Perl process, which is usually already running, to do the work and return the results. Each perl script runs in its own Unix process, so one perl script can't interfere with another. Command line options can also be used to deal with programs that have memory leaks or other problems that might keep them from otherwise running persistently. The speedy front end connects to the back end process, speedy_backend, via a Unix socket in /tmp. A queue is kept in a shared file in /tmp that holds an entry for each process. In that queue are the pids of the perl processes waiting for connections. The frontend pulls a process out of this queue, connects to its socket, sends over the environment and argv, and then uses this socket for stdin/stdout to the perl process. FILES
/tmp/speedy* A unix socket used to connect to the frontend process. AUTHOR
Sam Horrocks http://daemoninc.com sam@daemoninc.com NOTES
This manual page was created by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> for Debian GNU/Linux, because the original program does not have one. It is based on the original and more complete CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm) manual page. SEE ALSO
perl(1), CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm), speedy(1) SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)