Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Evdev and joystick on passtrough,windows see it as mouse Post 303026183 by Linusolaradm1 on Wednesday 21st of November 2018 11:36:50 AM
Old 11-21-2018
Evdev and joystick on passtrough,windows see it as mouse

I have setup a working vm with gpu passtrough
To avoid the use of synergi(commercial) or double keyboard/mouse(sic!) I passtrough my three usb devices using EVDEV
Editing the vm I put those lines
Code:
  </devices>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-object'/>
    <qemu:arg value='input-linux,id=mouse1,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_USB_Receiver-event-mouse'/>
    <qemu:arg value='input-linux,id=kbd1,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-_USB_Keyboard-event-kbd,grab_all=on,repeat=on'/>
    <qemu:arg value='input-linux,id=joypad1,evdev=/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_Logitech_R__Precision_TM__Gamepad-event-joystick'/> 
  </qemu:commandline>

And i can swith between the machine with gpu and linux host simply use ctrlLEFT+ctrlright
Mouse work..
Keyboard too...
But joystick not..is recognized as hid mouse(sic!),if I pass it using spice is recognized as joypad(which is good).
Why?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

4. Linux

Vga passtrough with only one monitor,is possible?

I have one monitor,two vga cards,one is nvidia(host) the other ati rs450(guest),I use this script for use a vm windows with a native gpu(the ati rs450) I see this video and seems to be possible using only one monitor,but I don't understand how to do The video QEMU VGA passthrough without a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

5. Linux

Vfio passtrough gpu, a question about hdmi

The situation videocard n°1 Nvidia Ge-force(used on host linux) videocard n°2 Ati radeon(used on guest windows 7) host is Slackware 14.2,kernel 4.18.15 I had set vfio to pass a ati card to windows7 guest Configure /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf options vfio-pci... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
SoXtMouse(3IV)()														  SoXtMouse(3IV)()

NAME
SoXtMouse -- translates and reports events for the mouse INHERITS FROM
SoXtDevice > SoXtMouse SYNOPSIS
#include <Inventor/Xt/devices/SoXtMouse.h> #define SO_XT_ALL_MOUSE_EVENTS (ButtonPressMask | ButtonReleaseMask | PointerMotionMask | ButtonMotionMask) Methods from class SoXtMouse: SoXtMouse(EventMask mask = SO_XT_ALL_MOUSE_EVENTS) ~SoXtMouse() Methods from class SoXtDevice: virtual void enable(Widget w, XtEventHandler f, XtPointer data, Window win = NULL) virtual void disable(Widget w, XtEventHandler f, XtPointer data) virtual const SoEvent * translateEvent(XAnyEvent *xevent) void setWindowSize(const SbVec2s &size) const SbVec2s & getWindowSize() const DESCRIPTION
This class manages events generated by the mouse, including mouse motion (SoLocation2Event), and mouse button press and release events (SoMouseButtonEvent). METHODS
SoXtMouse(EventMask mask = SO_XT_ALL_MOUSE_EVENTS) ~SoXtMouse() Constructor and destructor. To the constructor, pass which mouse events you are interested in as a bitwise OR of the following values: ButtonPressMask -- Mouse press events ButtonReleaseMask -- Mouse release events PointerMotionMask -- Mouse motion with no buttons ButtonMotionMask -- Mouse motion with buttons pressed Or simply pass the defined value SO_XT_ALL_MOUSE_EVENTS for all mouse events. The device will only report events of this type for the widget it is enabled on. SEE ALSO
SoXtDevice, SoLocation2Event, SoMouseButtonEvent SoXtMouse(3IV)()